Virginia Pride and Wild Wolf Brewery team up for official VA Pride Beer
It’s hard to miss much of the craft beer scene happening here in Richmond, and we all know Pride could only be made sweeter by a local brewing being freshly tailored for the event – enter Wild Wolf Brewery and their future new brew which needs input from you before its finished!
The relationship between Pride Fest and Wild Wolf comes from the annual events work with local beer distributors Loveland – they two groups have come together to form an excited, unique blend of hops and flavors which will be made available at Pride 2015 when it comes to Brown’s Island in September.
“Wild Wolf is stoked to be supporting Virginia Pride through this exciting partnership. This collaboration supports our belief that anyone can come together to produce an amazing union,” said Damian Warshall, Director of Business Operations at Wild Wolf Brewing Co.. “We believe beer unites, and we are privileged to be associated in support of this event.”
The folks at Pride are just pumped to be getting in on the local-brew-bandwagon.
“Virginia Pride is very appreciative of this exciting relationship with Wild Wolf Brewing Co., as well as the efforts of Amanda Marable with Loveland Distributing Co to make this a reality,” said Lori Arndt, Virginia Pride Treasurer and Co-Chair of the PrideFest Committee, “This is a great opportunity for members of the community to get involved by helping to choose the beer style, name and logo. I look forward to seeing what creativity comes out of this!”
Wild Wolf will craft the suds at their 6000+ square foot facility located on ten acres in the heart of Nellysford, VA. It’s there that Brewmaster Danny Wolf constantly works with his team to create fresh batches of their signature beer Blonde Hunny, and a variety of innovative seasonal and specialty beers.
VA Pride and Wild Wolf will take input from the local community for a name and logo for the beer, as well as the style – Sessionable Saison, Pilsner, Belgian ale fermented with fresh fruit, or summer spiced Hefeweizen.
Voting will take place from March 1-15 on the Virginia Pride website and GayRVA will bring you more when voting opens up.
A North Carolina brewery isn’t too happy with the state’s recent anti-LGBTQ legislation and they’re making a bold statement to show their dissatisfaction. Asheville-based brewery Wedge Brewing Company printed “F*CK” HB2″ on the bottom of its Iron Rail IPA to protest the bill, which prevents transgender individuals from using the bathroom of the gender of [...]May 16, 2016
- Can’t wait to try the official VA Pridefest beer? Check out the RVA locations carrying ‘Saison of Love’, September 11, 2015
- Bill Harrison: VA Pridefest 2015 happens 9/12 – boy, how have things have changed, August 31, 2015
- Dumblonde finds creative freedom after Danity Kane split, see them live at Virginia Pridefest, August 25, 2015
- Prev TheatreLAB’s ‘Oblivion’ easily captured the audience thanks to an amazing production
- Next Defense Secretary Ashton Carter: Transgender Americans should be allowed to serve openly in the military
- Back to top
- Designer to the stars, Lynchburg resident and trans woman, India Laposh will amaze you
- Notre Dame walkouts, rainbow-topped grad caps, spur protest from Evangelical leader Franklin Graham
- GOP Gubernatorial frontrunner endorsed by radical VA Beach Christian leader and failed Lt. Gov candidate
- RVA salons cut gender out of pricing
- RTP Audition Notice: ‘The View UpStairs’ on stage August-September