Virginia Pride 2014 Post-Pride Party List
Everyone’s getting pumped for Virginia Pride Fest 2014 this weekend, but even more are excited to head out the night of. Below is a list of the parties happening around RVA this weekend. Go out and have some fun, folks!
(All text below taken from facebook even pages)
Happy PRIDE Richmond!
This year, after the festival, we want you to BE LOUD! BE PROUD! And come to the ROAR! Afterparty hosted by Absolut and Barcode!
As in years past, this will be a PRIVATE event, by invitation only from 8-10. After the Absolut Tropical Storm reception, we will open to the public for an amazing night of fun, friends and celebration.
DJ Amy Alderman returns to bring some amazing music
Expect to see another transformation this year, with some of the best music, drinks and swag! Miller Lite and Coors Lite co-host this years party.
Please join the event to be included on the list. A limited number of invitations are available from the staff for any friends unable to RSVP via Facebook. Or e-mail BarcodeRVAHr@Gmail.com.
21+, please. :)
NEVER A COVER!
The Broadberry - The Pride After Party w/ DJ Epoc & The Handsmiths
Godfrey’s - Carnival – Pride After Party
Expect no elbow room as Babe’s usual Saturday night gets even crazier as night dawns on Virginia Pride! Expect all three bars to be open, as well as DJs inside and out. Doors open at 5 PM, 5$ cover
☆ Connie ϟue // ☽ Tomlin // ☄ Lemz (MD)
$5 suggested donation // 21+
✴ COSTUME CONTEST @ MIDNIGHT!
Dress “WILD” …animal drag, spirit beasts, imaginary flora & fauna!
We want to see some full on David Attenborough realness!
Prizes for best costume provided by Rag & Bones Bicycle Co-op, Strange Matter, and others!
- PHOTO BOOTHING …for the parts you’ll forget
- FACE PAINTING …for the under-dressed
me·nag·er·ie / məˈnajərē: noun
(1) a collection of wild animals on display.
(2) a strange or diverse collection of people or things.
ABOUT Wayside Center for Popular Education:
Wayside Center for Popular Education is a not-for-profit movement resource hub which aims to foster social change through training, rejuvenating and connecting activists and organizers with an emphasis on directly affected communities. We believe that a better world is possible – one built on justice, dignity and solidarity. We also believe that a broad-based social movement is the only way to get there. Wayside is a place where diverse peoples can come together to reflect on the problems confronting them, heal from the traumas those problems have inflicted, and collectively craft solutions. At and through Wayside, community members and organizers build a regional network of people equipped with the skills and web of relationships needed to mobilize for long term, radical social change.
- Prev VCU Students Rally for Bisexual Visibility Day
- Next 10 Things You Might Not Have Known About the Family Research Council
- Back to top
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights
- Hillary Campaign brings actor Blake Cooper Griffin to VA Pride
- AG Herring and VA’s marriage equality plaintiffs open Hillary Campaign office in Southside
- The Valentine’s Lesbian and Gay bus tour returns just in time to coincide with Pride
- Boys Noize drops new Snowden-themed video on 4Chan ahead of DC show