U of R Trustee Cracks Homophobic Joke in Exclusive Wall Street Party
The New York Times article details a number of extravagant happenings and goings on at the event, but an audio recording claims to capture some of the strong language used by Queally, including a ‘joke’ about openly gay and pro-regulation Congressman Barney Frank:
(Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Hillary Clinton and a catfish?” A: “One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a fish”) to unfunny and homophobic (Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Barney Frank and a Fenway Frank?” A: “Barney Frank comes in different-size buns”).
Listen to the audio here:
The event also included new members being forced to dress in leotards, gold skirts and wigs to perform skits for the senior members of the group.
Queally, as recently as September 2013, donated $10 Million for the construction of a new finance and administration building at U of R. Queally’s name is also used in an annual student networking event called “Q-Camp” which gives future graduates the chance to network. The event was last held in January of last year.
U of R has been known for its push toward LGBTQ equality – including expanding its non-discrimination policy, as well as opening Common Ground, an LGBTQ safe space on campus. U of R is also set to hold a national Campus Pride event this spring to support openly LGBTQ athletes.
the following statement has been released by U of R:
Whoever Murphy was, his prescient pessimistic maxim has been the springboard for many a twisted tale and romantic comedy. Thankfully, Murphy’s foresight happily leads to another maxim: “All’s Well That Ends Well.” Many years ago, two University of Richmond buddies interested in theatre wrote a play, moved away, went their separate ways, but remained in [...]July 19, 2016
- Prev VA Rep Goes Green With Shrek, The Musical
- Next Movie Reviews: Vampire Academy & The Lego Movie
- Back to top
- Ellen Page’s ‘Gaycation’ drops season two trailer, Orlando special available online now
- Local man files federal discrimination claim against Catholic-run non profit
- Drag Race star Courtney Act visits a trump rally (Video)
- James Franco’s dance music project just got a really weird, NSFW video
- Richmonder and HIV Activist Ryland Restee Roane Jr. dead at 58