U of R Trustee Cracks Homophobic Joke in Exclusive Wall Street Party
The New York Times article details a number of extravagant happenings and goings on at the event, but an audio recording claims to capture some of the strong language used by Queally, including a ‘joke’ about openly gay and pro-regulation Congressman Barney Frank:
(Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Hillary Clinton and a catfish?” A: “One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a fish”) to unfunny and homophobic (Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Barney Frank and a Fenway Frank?” A: “Barney Frank comes in different-size buns”).
Listen to the audio here:
The event also included new members being forced to dress in leotards, gold skirts and wigs to perform skits for the senior members of the group.
Queally, as recently as September 2013, donated $10 Million for the construction of a new finance and administration building at U of R. Queally’s name is also used in an annual student networking event called “Q-Camp” which gives future graduates the chance to network. The event was last held in January of last year.
U of R has been known for its push toward LGBTQ equality – including expanding its non-discrimination policy, as well as opening Common Ground, an LGBTQ safe space on campus. U of R is also set to hold a national Campus Pride event this spring to support openly LGBTQ athletes.
the following statement has been released by U of R:
The transgender star of the Netflix hit series Orange is the New Black is coming to University of Richmond’s Modlin Center, and tickets go on sale at 10 AM this morning. Here’s more details about today’s event via U of R: Part of UR Comes Out! Sponsored by Gottwald Speakers’ Bureau, Common Ground, Spider Board,WILL*, WGSS, Westhampton College, [...]September 22, 2014
- One VA college most “brave” in the South for support of LGBTQ students, September 16, 2014
- Former U of R Athletes Allege Anti-Gay Discrimination, July 29, 2014
- How Meeting Judy Shepard Changed my Life, June 30, 2014
- Prev VA Rep Goes Green With Shrek, The Musical
- Next Movie Reviews: Vampire Academy & The Lego Movie
- Back to top
- Altria Theater reopens after 2.5 years & $63 million in renovations
- TheatreLab’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch was perfection
- Just in time for Halloween – the scariest Grindr hook up ever
- 5th Circuit schedules hearings in appeals of Texas, Louisiana gay marriage rulings
- Couple will spend life in prison for torture, murder of 8-year-old they called gay