Orlando Pulse massacre included in White House list of “unreported” terror attacks
In a chilling and false statement to U.S. service members Monday afternoon, President Donald Trump accused the “very dishonest” media of intentionally not reporting on terror attacks, and suggested the press had an agenda for not reporting them.
“Radical Islamic terrorists are determined to strike our homeland, as they did on 9/11, as they did from Boston to Orlando, to San Bernardino. And all across Europe. You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening,” the Commander-in-Chief told his soldiers.
“It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases the very very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons and you understand that,” Trump continued.
Just a few hours later, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer promised to release a list of those attacks, and walked back the president’s claim, telling reporters on Air Force One the president believes the terror attacks are “underreported.”
Surprisingly, the White House Monday evening did release a list. It contains 78 acts of terror.
Included on the list are many attacks that were, in fact, well-reported by the media. Among the attacks on the White House’s list is the terror attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. That attack was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, the deadliest hate crime, and the deadliest terror attack since 9/11.
Hillary Clinton visited the Pulse nightclub to pay her respects during the campaign last year, and met privately with family and friends of the victims. Donald Trump, even when attending a campaign function minutes away, never did.
Also on the list are the terror attacks in San Bernardino, California, and in Paris and Nice, France.
The Washington Post reports that on Monday, “White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said that ‘the real point here is that these terrorists attacks are so pervasive at this point that they do not spark the wall-to-wall coverage they once did.’”
In other words, President Trump once again made a provably false statement and the White House is cleaning it up.
The Post, in the video above, also notes that the White House’s list “omits attacks that didn’t involve a Muslim or Islamic state sympathetic attacker.” Not included, for example, is last month’s attack on a Quebec City Mosque, in which a Donald Trump supporter shot into a group of 50 Muslims praying, killing six and wounding eight. President Trump has never publicly acknowledged that attack.
At the intersection of politics, religion, law, social justice, and civil rights, The New Civil Rights Movement is a broadly cited media organization delivering news and opinion dedicated to the wide interests of the progressive and LGBT communities.
GOP Gubernatorial frontrunner endorsed by radical VA Beach Christian leader and failed Lt. Gov candidate
This might be a bit inside politics/baseball but as Trump continues to change his message depending on where he is and who he last spoke to, we don’t wont to miss the little bits of support the leading GOP Candidate in VA’s gubernatorial race has garnered that fit into the President’s most recent message – [...]May 23, 2017
- Prev RVA LGBTQ Black History Month Honoree: Jenise “Justice” Brown
- Next Gov. McAuliffe promises to veto anti-LGBTQ legislation at Equality Virginia Lobby Day event
- Back to top
- Designer to the stars, Lynchburg resident and trans woman, India Laposh will amaze you
- Notre Dame walkouts, rainbow-topped grad caps, spur protest from Evangelical leader Franklin Graham
- GOP Gubernatorial frontrunner endorsed by radical VA Beach Christian leader and failed Lt. Gov candidate
- RVA salons cut gender out of pricing
- RTP Audition Notice: ‘The View UpStairs’ on stage August-September