OpEd: Virginia Hate Group Leaders Explode Over 4th Circuit Ruling
Here in Virginia, anti-gay hate groups and their out of state allies are beside themselves over the 4th Circuits 100% correct ruling that the Marshall Newman Amendment violates the United States Constitution.
Victoria Cobb of The Family Foundation (“TFF”) – an organization which was one of the architects of the Marshall-Newman Amendment which pushed for its passage with lie filled propaganda – is acting as if someone took a huge dump in her Cheerios.
Worse yet, she is disingenuously whining about caring about children who need a “mom and dad” even though once children exit from their mothers’ womb, TFF’s fetus worship stops and children are basically kicked to the curb except in the context on using children as a weapon to fight gay rights.
TFF spends lots of money, but very little goes to feeding the hungry, clothing the naked or sheltering the homeless.
One might even describe Ms. Cobb as Virginia’s number one modern day Pharisee.
Michael Hamar is an out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others. Follow him at Michael In Norfolk.
All anybody wants is a nice safe place to pee, no matter what gender they identify with.April 25, 2016
- The Family Foundation is pissed that Virginia didn’t get to invade student’s restrooms, February 15, 2016
- Dave Brat’s senior campaign advisor goes on homophobic Facebook rant, October 27, 2014
- Anti-marriage equality all stars react to SCOTUS decision (as told through Star Wars comparisons), October 7, 2014
- Prev VA Pilot and Times-Dispatch Celebrate Striking of Same-sex Marriage Ban on Editorial Pages
- Next Second-Parent Adoption: Two Dads and a Lot of Love
- Back to top
- ‘Perfect Arrangement’ at RTP dramatizes the 1950s lavender scare with important results
- VCU LGBTQ History Month: Panel to speak on VCU’s famed 1974 Gay Alliance of Students lawsuit
- ‘ISIS: A Love Story’ turns the worlds most nefarious terrorist organization into a queer Romeo & Juliet
- HRC and national pediatric organizations team up for new guide on raising transgender kids
- Live performance of ‘Phantom’ at the Byrd Theatre aims to highlight the famed movie palace’s original elegance