OpEd: Rank Republican Dishonesty – Obenshain’s War on Women
With the Virginia 2013 elections now just two weeks away, the political ads on the airwaves are becoming overwhelming. Most annoying and disgusting are those being run by Ken Cuccinelli which seem to prove that no one lies more than the self-anointed Christianist crowd. Only in their alternate universe can lying be “telling the truth.” Among Cuccinelli’s ads is one that strives to give the impression that the Washington Post has criticized Terry McAuliffe and backs Cuccinelli. The truth, of course, is that the Post endorsed McAuliffe, not Cuccinelli. Not that this fact would ever be known from Cuccinelli’s ad.
Michael Hamar is an out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others. Follow him at Michael In Norfolk.
“People truly came out and celebrated who and what they are. It was amazing.”September 26, 2016
- Prev LGBTQ History Month: Simon Nkoli
- Next Jamie Foxx, Elton John, Others Produce Video to Help Homeless LGBTQ Youth
- Back to top
- ‘Perfect Arrangement’ at RTP dramatizes the 1950s lavender scare with important results
- VCU LGBTQ History Month: Panel to speak on VCU’s famed 1974 Gay Alliance of Students lawsuit
- ‘ISIS: A Love Story’ turns the worlds most nefarious terrorist organization into a queer Romeo & Juliet
- HRC and national pediatric organizations team up for new guide on raising transgender kids
- Live performance of ‘Phantom’ at the Byrd Theatre aims to highlight the famed movie palace’s original elegance