OpEd: Rank Republican Dishonesty – Obenshain’s War on Women
With the Virginia 2013 elections now just two weeks away, the political ads on the airwaves are becoming overwhelming. Most annoying and disgusting are those being run by Ken Cuccinelli which seem to prove that no one lies more than the self-anointed Christianist crowd. Only in their alternate universe can lying be “telling the truth.” Among Cuccinelli’s ads is one that strives to give the impression that the Washington Post has criticized Terry McAuliffe and backs Cuccinelli. The truth, of course, is that the Post endorsed McAuliffe, not Cuccinelli. Not that this fact would ever be known from Cuccinelli’s ad.
Michael Hamar is an out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others. Follow him at Michael In Norfolk.
“We must continue to reject efforts to use religion as a justification to discriminate against anyone.”March 8, 2017
- We were wrong… Del Bob Marshall actually has FOUR anti-LGBTQ bills this session, January 17, 2017
- Bob Marshall has THREE bills aiming to undo or block LGBTQ progress this session, January 14, 2017
- AG Herring, legislators and advocates unite to pass inclusive hate crime legislation in Virginia, January 13, 2017
- Prev LGBTQ History Month: Simon Nkoli
- Next Jamie Foxx, Elton John, Others Produce Video to Help Homeless LGBTQ Youth
- Back to top
- Missing Charlottesville transgender woman’s case changed to homicide
- Federal judge rules in favor of discriminated gay man but not how you might think
- Diversity Richmond to host first Drag Bingo and afterparty event this Friday
- HEAL LLC creates a ‘soft spot to land’ for LGBTQ women of color with ‘The Healing Journey’
- Pioneering Virginia-born LGBTQ activist and biologist Dr. Walter Sheppe has past away