OpEd: FL Tea Party Calls Log Cabin Gays “Thugs” Just Like Jesus Would
Kilcullen’s email, written earlier this month, was apparently a response to an email below, from Andy Eddy of the Broward Log Cabin Republicans, a largely gay group.
She said the Log Cabin Republicans are “a thug organization” which has “all but taken over” the Broward Republican Party.
Kilcullen also makes clear she does not like the proposed federal law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Here’s [a portion of Kilcullen's] e-mail:
“We must fight with all we have… We must put pressure on the House like has never been seen before. I’ll be damned if I will ever be forced to hire someone with orange hair, body/neck/face covered with tattoos, multiple piercings, or a man in a dress… or for that matter, a demonstrative effeminate male or purposeful butch-looking female. The Log Cabins are the same lobbyist organization that has all but taken over BREC; and besides that, we have someone on the Board of BREC who is using her position to openly put pressure on some BREC members to stand for same-sex marriage.
Michael Hamar is an out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others. Follow him at Michael In Norfolk.
In addition to the presence of a well educated population, one of the reasons religion has withered in Western Europe is because the memory of the excesses of religion in the past are still remembered. Wars of religion, the special rights granted to the Church and general behavior which was the antithesis of true Christian [...]July 1, 2014
- Prev Babe’s First Annual Flannel Friday Dance Party Happens This Weekend
- Next RVA Gay Community Foundation Taking Grant Submissions Till 12/16
- Back to top
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee