Meet the Men Who Could Change Virginia’s Constitution
This story originally ran on the AltDaily, GayRVA was allowed to run it as part of a content exchange agreement.
Tim Bostic and Tony London host their family Thanksgiving every year at their home in Norfolk. Nieces and nephews take over the house. They’re invited to come down early, to stay late, invite their friends.
This case is about “the freedom to marry,” which “has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.” Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1, 12 (1967). The Supreme Court has reaffirmed fourteen times that marriage is “the most important relation in life,” and that the right to marry is of “fundamental importance for all individuals.” Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374, 384 (1978)… As a result, “[c]hoices about marriage” are “sheltered by the Fourteenth Amendment against the State’s unwarranted usurpation, disregard, or disrespect…”This case is also about equality–the most essential ingredient of the American dream–and the “dignity and integrity” that come with it…
“We hit it off really good and six months later he moved in. We respected each other, we did everything together.”May 2, 2017
- Northam recruits Virginia’s same-sex marriage plaintiffs in new campaign ad, April 26, 2017
- Washington State Supreme Court sides with same-sex couple who was refused service by Christian florist, February 17, 2017
- Even religious Americans support same-sex marriage, dislike “religious freedom” laws, February 8, 2017
- Prev Multiple LGBTQ Bills Die in General Assembly
- Next New Kylie Minogue Single “Into the Blue” Hits the The Internet, New Album in March
- Back to top
- Designer to the stars, Lynchburg resident and trans woman, India Laposh will amaze you
- Notre Dame walkouts, rainbow-topped grad caps, spur protest from Evangelical leader Franklin Graham
- GOP Gubernatorial frontrunner endorsed by radical VA Beach Christian leader and failed Lt. Gov candidate
- RVA salons cut gender out of pricing
- RTP Audition Notice: ‘The View UpStairs’ on stage August-September