Get Out! Weekend Event Listing for 3/8
Bring cash for tips, we’ll have baskets out!
You never know what might happen, so hold on to your horses!
6:00 PM – Game Night @ Gay Community Center of Richmond
Come enjoy a fun evening of Board Games, Card Games, Wii and more. FREE EVENT! ALL AGES welcome! Light Refreshments Served
Hey Babe’s! It’s been a while!
Spread the word that we’ll be back on Friday, March 8th!
18+, $6, 9pm.
6:00 PM – Women in Beer Celebration @ Capital Ale House Richmond
Only $5 before 11p
A mature 21 + LGBT Event
Dress to Impress
$5 Blue Motorcycles and Long Islands All Night
2 PM Over The Tavern @ Hat Theatre
Talk back session held Sun. March 10th
In that most idealized period of 20th century America, the Eisenhower years of the 1950’s, the Pazinski family has a lot going on in their cramped Buffalo apartment. The youngest of the bunch, Rudy, is a wise- cracking kid who’s starting to question family values & the Roman Catholic Church, and when he announces to the ruler wielding Sister Clarissa that instead of being confirmed he’d rather shop around for a more “fun” religion, all hell breaks loose. A warm and hilarious look at family, growing up, and God.
3:30 PM – TheatreLAB Presents: RIDING THE BULL @ Gallery 5
by August Schulenburg
in association with Henley Street Theatre
as part of the Acts of Faith Festival
Directed by Sarah Roquemore
In sleepy Godsburg, Texas, a love-connection between fat Lyza, a loud-mouthed, hell-raising cattle rancher, and skinny GL, a simple-minded, God-fearing, rodeo clown, brings unexpected wealth to the previously down-and-out couple. But as GL & Lyza soon discover, money can’t buy everything, and sometimes we only realize what matters most after we’ve lost it all. As crass as it is charming, this quirky morality play mixes ribaldry and irreverence with the deeper themes of love, faith, and the transformation that comes when we meet God face to face.
“We definitely have some very powerful women who are going to be in the show.”November 23, 2016
- Sistah Sinema to screen ‘While You Weren’t Looking’ at Capital Ale House 2/27, February 23, 2016
- Trans/genderqueer artist Loone heads to Gallery 5 tonight, February 15, 2016
- Top 10 workout songs of summer, July 28, 2015
- Prev Report: Marriage equality in Illinois could add $103 million to state’s economy
- Next School district rejects mediation in complaint filed on behalf transgender girl
- Back to top
- Lambda Legal urges Pennsylvania District Court to suspend Pittsburgh school’s restroom policy
- World AIDS Day event gives Richmonders a chance to remember and share
- Diversity Richmond distributes $30K in grant funding to local LGBTQ groups
- Man fired for having HIV files lawsuit agianst Texas nursing home
- World AIDS Day aims to shine light on often ignored RVA crisis