Dave Brat’s senior campaign advisor goes on homophobic Facebook rant
Evidently sex between consenting gay men is enough of a priority that a top GOP advisor is willing to take time out of running Dave Brat’s campaign to condemn it.
Steve Waters, who has also advised for House member Bob McDonnell (who wrote the VA’s ban on same-sex marriage) is now helping out congressional candidate Dave Brat. Brat beat House majority leader Eric Cantor in a first-of-its-kind upset earlier this year, leaving the first-time politician ready to steam-roll his way into Congress.
UPDATE: there’s some debate as to whether or not Waters is or was involved in the Brat Campaign. Waters listed himself as part of the campaign on 10/23 according to Blue Virginia, but his facebook status has since been changed to working with the Brat campaign in the past.
But last week, Waters put up this (since deleted) facebook post which managed to burry the political consultant in some pretty world-class ignorance and hate.
The sad part of this story is Brat, running in VA’s 7th congressional district (made up of West-end RVA, Henrico, Chesterfield, etc.) is pretty much a shoe-in to win. The 7th has gone red for every election since 1996 (except for electing Warner to senate in 08).
Some folks have tried to shore-up around Jack Trammel, his democratic opponent and a professor at Randolph-Macon in Ashland. But the voting record in the district, and the expected losses for Democrats nation-wide, don’t paint a pretty picture for blue-hopefuls.
Tim is a writer, video game nerd, and music fan. You'll see him at shows, or you wont really see him at all.
A Code Commission hold can silence groups from telling their stories in front of lawmakers.July 13, 2016
- Prev Richmond Ballet’s Carmina Burana to be a distinct and stunning marvel
- Next The most adorable and nerdy gay wedding you’ll see this week
- Back to top
- ‘ISIS: A Love Story’ turns the worlds most nefarious terrorist organization into a queer Romeo & Juliet
- HRC and national pediatric organizations team up for new guide on raising transgender kids
- Live performance of ‘Phantom’ at the Byrd Theatre aims to highlight the famed movie palace’s original elegance
- James Franco is starring in a movie about Virginia’s darkest gay porn secret
- After Virginia Blood Services donation controversy, RVA transman donates blood with Red Cross