Can’t wait to try the official VA Pridefest beer? Check out the RVA locations carrying ‘Saison of Love’
The 2015 Virginia Pridefest, hosted by Virginia Pride, kicks off this weekend at Brown’s Island and that means tons of festivities, events, and parties to celebrate how far the LGBTQ community has come. Nelllysford brewey Wild Wolf Brewing is this year’s official beer sponsor and they’ve collaborated with VA Pride to create a special beer in honor of the event.
The beer, entitled “Saison of Love” made its debut last month and will be available for thirsty beer folks at Pridefest. But if you’re like the rest of us and can’t wait until then here’s a list of the places you go and try it out before the big event:
Mary Wolf, co-owner of Wild Wolf Brewing Company said the brewery was beyond excited to partner with Virginia Pride to brew the beer.
“Its fun, its a great organization, and we support what they’re doing, we think it’s great they’re having a festival,” she said.
The two announced the collaboration back in Feburary and the community got to choose between four beers for the official beer for Pridefest. Voting took place March 1-15 on the Virginia Pride website and the Saison of Love beer made its debut at Babe’s of Carytown last month.
“Its got a variety of rally interesting spices in it,” Wolf said of the new beer. “The herbs really come through on the finish, its really nice.”
Saison of Love is 5.5 percent and some of the staff here at RVA Mag had a chance to try some of it recently at Joe’s Inn.
I thought it was very citrusy, definitely could taste the lemon and pepper flavors throuhout. It had a bit of a bite to it.
Editor-in-Chief of GAYRVA.com Brad Kutner also enjoyed the new Pride brew.
“Light and refreshing with tasty hints of lemon,” said Kutner. “I could for sure see myself enjoying this beer while standing on Brown’s Island enjoying the company of the rest of those in attendance at Virginia Pride.”
Go get yourself a taste of Saison of LOve and check out our official Virginia Pride Guide where you can find exclusive interviews and get the lowdown on all the events and festivities of Pridefest here. The 2015 Virginia Pridfest will be held this Saturday, September 12 on Brown’s Island.
Calling all thirsty craft beer drinkers, next week you will have the chance to raise a glass for a good cause. Strangeways Brewing is hosting its monthly Cheers 4 Charity event, and this time, proceeds will benefit Diversity Richmond. The brewery will donate 10 percent of all sales to the local non-profit organization, which provides programs and [...]January 17, 2017
- RTP & TheatreLAB partner with Virginia Anti-Violence Project to revive ‘NERVE: Stories of Queer Resilience’, January 11, 2017
- Orlando City Soccer Club dedicates stadium seating section to Pulse nightclub victims, December 7, 2016
- Monacan grad among 11 transgender individuals profiled in HBO doc, ‘The Trans List’, December 6, 2016
- Prev Disney’s ‘Newsies’ comes to Altria theatre 11/3
- Next Tennessee man claims he was fired for being gay
- Back to top
- Pioneering Virginia-born LGBTQ activist and biologist Dr. Walter Sheppe has past away
- Fox & Friends mocks anti-bullying book after conservatives force schools to remove it
- Drag Queen Coco Peru on crafting a lasting character ahead of two SOLD OUT RTP shows
- Progressive ally Tom Perriello offers alternative in Virginia’s 2017 Gubernatorial primary
- VCU Police and Richmond TDOR team up for tree planting to commemorate lives lost to anti-LGBTQ violence