Anti-transgender “Freedom of Speech” bus spurs creation of Street Fighter II inspired video game
Let it never be said the radical left isn’t creative; someone has made a simple video game to take out your distain for a church-funded campaign bus hoping to shut down transgender equality.
Citizen Go, an activist group hoping to “defend and promote life, family, and liberty” by making bathroom use for trans people incredibly difficult, has set out on a week+ long tour armed with the “Free Speech Bus” to help spread the message that…. freedom of speech means you can be a dick to marginalized people, I guess. The bus carries messages like “It’s biology – boys with be boys and always will be…” and other slogans that have no real basis in medical science but make it easy for asshole politicians to parrot.
Meanwhile Aquma took to Twitter to explain his creation for “Ignorance Fighter II”:
— Aquma (@Aquma) March 27, 2017
You can play the game here. It’s also super relevant because the “Free Speech Bus” has already gotten the shit kicked out of it in real life. Late last week, the bus was spray painted and had its windows broken out while parked out front the UN in NYC… and then again while at a stop at Harvard:
— CitizenGO (@CitizenGO) March 30, 2017
For those unfamiliar with the reference, Ignorance Fighter is throwing back to an old Street Fighter mini game where, in between fights, you get the chance to beat up a car – it sounds silly now but in the mid-90s it was everything.
Tim is a writer, video game nerd, and music fan. You'll see him at shows, or you wont really see him at all.
HB2 to cost NC almost $4 billion over 12 years according to new AP report ahead of Richmond Federal Court hearing
About two months from a Richmond Federal Court hearing, a new Associated Press report shows North Carolina’s HB2, which forces trans people into the wrong bathroom and a limits city’s ability to add LGBTQ protections, could cost the Tar-heel State almost $4 billion over the next 12 years. The report, published in the Charlotte Observer, [...]March 27, 2017
- Prev Trump Administration has ‘Corrected’ 2020 Census form by removing proposed inclusion of sexual orientation, gender identity
- Next Tree planted for Transgender Day of Remembrance by community, VCU and local Police leaders
- Back to top
- Brian Burns returns with new book detailing RVA’s history of income inequality, homosexuality and Maymont owner’s use of convict labor
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017