American Family Association Calls Harvey Milk A Predator, Condemns Equality Stamp
According to a statement sent to members of the anti-gay group the American Family Foundation, famed civil-rights activist Harvey Milk was a predator and those who fought for him to be commemorated on a stamp last week are drag queens and prostitutes.
below is the text from the email blast:
Honoring predator Harvey Milk on a U.S. postage stamp is disturbing to say the least. Harvey Milk was a very disreputable man and used his charm and power to prey on young boys with emotional problems and drug addiction. He is the last person we should be featuring on a stamp.
Note the hypocrisy of the postal service’s “Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee,” which claims it “commemorates positive contributions to American life, history, and culture,” but specifically states stamps “shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs.”
Randy Shilts, a homosexual San Francisco Chronicle reporter, wrote a favorable and sordid biography of Milk in “The Mayor of Castro Street: The Life and Times of Harvey Milk.”
According to Shilts, Milk repeatedly engaged in adult-child sex and advocated for multiple homosexual relationships at the same time.
Nicole Murray-Ramirez, the activist who worked to get Harvey Milk commemorated on a USPS stamp, is San Diego’s appointed city human rights commissioner and has been working for LGBTQ equality for over 45 years. She is also the Queen Mother of the Americas within the Imperial Court System.
AFA is a known hate group according the non-profit watchdog group the Southern Poverty Law Center. In July 2012, an press release sent out from the AFA stated “Homosexuality is a poor and dangerous choice, and has been proven to lead to a litany of health hazards to not only the individuals but also society as a whole.”
Earlier this month, the Secretary of the Navy’s office announced that the Navy would name a planned Military Sealift Command fleet oiler USNS Harvey Milk, after the late San Francisco politician and gay rights activist, according to USNI News. Milk joined the United States Navy during the Korean War. He served on a submarine rescue ship as a diving officer [...]August 3, 2016
- Prev Del. Bob Marshall Fails to Start Impeachment Process over AG Herring’s Same-sex Marriage Stance
- Next Local Comic Steve Moore Dies at 59
- Back to top
- Brian Burns returns with new book detailing RVA’s history of income inequality, homosexuality and Maymont owner’s use of convict labor
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017