Fall has arrived. The kids are back in school, football is kicking my arse and I now have an awesome little grandson. I still have my foster puppy Oz too. Things are busy here with no reprieve (until Christmas) in sight which is why I tend to dislike fall. The upside is we will celebrate birthdays, games, dinner, holidays and lots of fun with family.
In my effort to maintain my sanity, I bring you my “Fall Five”…I vow to:
- Practice Presence…I plan to focus on one thing at a time, fully feel and experience what I am doing, and quiet the busy voices in my head
- Practice Saying No/Not Right Now…We have 3-5 football games a week right now between the 2 children so regardless of my skipping practice I’m one busy bitch. Oz is still here, school and work are busy and I want to focus more on my immediate family and new grandchild.
- Experience Joy in Nature before it gets cold. I deeply miss the warm summer days spent in and out of the pool but I will soak up the sun, enjoy the deck, get out and hike again with the dogs and have some fire under the stars.
- Perform a Financial Checkup. I’ve been slightly sloppy lately and I feel the results. I want to get back on track and only pay cash for birthdays and holidays
- Find time for and Cherish the Quiet Moments for the sake of sanity an being able to more fully love and support my family while encouraging them to grow and live life to the fullest
What are your Fall Five?