The 5-Minute Full-Body Workout
You can already tell by the weather that summer is fast approaching and it’s time for us guys to hit the gym hard and get that body on point in time for beach season. If you missed out on last month’s Details mag, Tyler Graham introduced to the world the 5-minute full-body workout known as the “Do-It-All Ninja Jump.”
The Ninja jump not only strengthens the legs and core, this move works all parts of your muscles instantly and effectively. Three sets and you’ll feel the burn all day long!
How To: Do-It-All-Ninja Jump
- Start on your knees with your back straight. Power into the air from your hips and land on your feet. If you need to, start out by restingyourhands on two chairs for balance.
- Lean over and slide your hands underneath the sandbag. In one motion, pull the weight up and sling it over your shoulder as you stand.
- Go back down onto your knees with the sandbag still on your shoulder. Steadily throw the bag back down on the floor to work your upperbody. Repeat and sling the sandbag over the opposite shoulder for each rep.
Three sets later, repeating this exercise along with your regular cardio and weight training schedule and maintaining a balanced diet, you’ll achieve that body you thought you’d be working out for years in a matter of weeks.
ProTip: Make your own sandbag system
1. You’ll need a sturdy gym or duffel bag. Use either a canvas sporting bag, sea bag style canvas duffel bag, or military style duffel bag. Make sure your bag is able to withstand the abuse of being thrown, dropped, and heaved repeatedly, so don’t get a cheap one that can’t handle it.
2. Buy a few bags of playground sand from the local Home Depot or Lowes, usually located near the concrete and costs under $10 for a 50 lb. size.
3. Fill a hefty style trash bag with sand. Wrap the top tightly with duct tape, then bag it twice more and seal it. Leave some room in the bag for the sand to slosh around. Again, you can buy these at your local Home Depot and Lowes.
4. Put the secured trash bag full of sand in your duffel bag (which keeps the sandbag from ripping) and zip it shut. Now, get to work!
Jason Yu is Partner and Director of Marketing for The Hardwicke Group in Richmond, VA. His company specializes in new media, PR and influence with an emphasis on digital marketing strategy and reputation management. Jason enjoys keeping active by biking, running and working out on a daily basis. Jason has ran in over twenty running races including the Marine Corps Marathon, Tough Mudder, Richmond Marathon, and Xterra races. Interesting facts about Jason is that he is a music fanatic, in search fro the best macaroni and cheese, and aspiring “mixologist.”
For every good workout song there has to be a good cool down song.July 28, 2015
- Five Apps to Help You Stay Fit in 2014, January 21, 2014
- Study: Same-sex cohabitors less healthy than those in heterosexual marriages, March 4, 2013
- The October Playlist, October 22, 2012
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee