Support Resources For Gender Non-Conforming Children
5:00 – 7:00 pm (PST) (This means the call begin 8pm EST)
the last Wednesday of each month
Only invited members can access the list serves, and only parents are admitted. Interested parents are required to fill out an intake form, pay $125 (contact them if this is a difficult financial committment. I believe they will waive it) and participate in a confidential telephone interview before joining the list-serve. Please contact the child and adolescent psychiatrist at Children’s,Edgardo Menvielle, MD at 202 476-5158 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYFA empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities to develop supportive environments in which gender may be expressed and respected. They envision a society free of suicide and violence in which ALL children are respected and celebrated.
|This group is a support and referral source for parents, grandparents and guardians negotiating the journey of raising gender variant and transgender children and youth ages 3-18.
Prospective members will be asked to provide their first and last name, their child’s first name and age and a phone number where they can be contacted.
All posts on this list are moderated for content. They wish to provide a safe, optimal environment for parents to receive the guidance and support that they need to negotiate the journey of raising gender variant and transgender children.
TYFA Talk is a program of TransYouth Family Allies, Inc. (TYFA). More information can be obtained at www.imatyfa.org or by calling 1-888-IMA-TYFA(462-8932).
The bill’s sponsor, Texas Republican State Senator Lois Kolkhorst provided details of the bill, as protestors’ booing grew louder, causing her to momentarily pause before ignoring them.January 6, 2017
- Transgender suicide prevention hotline founder detained by US Border Patrol, January 3, 2017
- Split comedy EP recording is last stop before local comic undergoes bottom surgery, December 7, 2016
- Lambda Legal urges Pennsylvania District Court to suspend Pittsburgh school’s restroom policy, December 2, 2016
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee