Support Resources For Gender Non-Conforming Children
5:00 – 7:00 pm (PST) (This means the call begin 8pm EST)
the last Wednesday of each month
Only invited members can access the list serves, and only parents are admitted. Interested parents are required to fill out an intake form, pay $125 (contact them if this is a difficult financial committment. I believe they will waive it) and participate in a confidential telephone interview before joining the list-serve. Please contact the child and adolescent psychiatrist at Children’s,Edgardo Menvielle, MD at 202 476-5158 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
TYFA empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities to develop supportive environments in which gender may be expressed and respected. They envision a society free of suicide and violence in which ALL children are respected and celebrated.
|This group is a support and referral source for parents, grandparents and guardians negotiating the journey of raising gender variant and transgender children and youth ages 3-18.
Prospective members will be asked to provide their first and last name, their child’s first name and age and a phone number where they can be contacted.
All posts on this list are moderated for content. They wish to provide a safe, optimal environment for parents to receive the guidance and support that they need to negotiate the journey of raising gender variant and transgender children.
TYFA Talk is a program of TransYouth Family Allies, Inc. (TYFA). More information can be obtained at www.imatyfa.org or by calling 1-888-IMA-TYFA(462-8932).
“I want to record this before I can’t tell the jokes anymore.”December 7, 2016
- Lambda Legal urges Pennsylvania District Court to suspend Pittsburgh school’s restroom policy, December 2, 2016
- After Virginia Blood Services donation controversy, RVA transman donates blood with Red Cross, September 28, 2016
- I AM MY LIFE Narratives – stories from underrepresented LGBTQ Virginians in their own words, September 21, 2016
- ‘ELF’ at Altria offers a fruit cake’s worth of Holiday cheer
- Diversity Richmond President honored along with mayor elect Stoney at TD event
- Split comedy EP recording is last stop before local comic undergoes bottom surgery
- Orlando City Soccer Club dedicates stadium seating section to Pulse nightclub victims
- ‘After Orlando’ unites theatre companies around the country (and here in RVA) to honor lives lost in the nation’s largest mass shooting