You can’t just live by your “manshake” or protein powder alone. Don’t fall this fall! Stay on your grind by taking five basic supplements that will do both you and your body good, no matter what bodybuilding or workout level you’re at.
1. Multivitamin – People that follow reduced calorie or low-carb diets risk not getting enough vitamins and minerals, so multivitamins insure you’re getting all the nutrients you need. Look for a multi-vitamin brands with at least 100 percent of daily vitamins B, C, D, E and copper and zinc.
2. Essential Fatty Acids – Primarily found in corn and vegetable oils, it’s essential to take omega-3 supplements. 1 to 3 grams of fish oil twice a day with food will get you on your way!
3. Vitamin D - Very essential for preventing nasty diseases such as colds, cancer, and MS. Take up to 1,000 IU of vitamin D in addition to your multivitamin for increased muscle growth and higher testosterone.
4. Calcium – Simply orange juice promotes long lasting bones, muscle contraction and fat burning! Indulge about 1,000 milligrams daily.
5. Probiotics – Believe it or not you need over 10 billion good bacteria to help improve intestinal function and help your body absorb the protein your muscles need. Look for brands with colony-forming units of Lactobacillus and Bifidus bacteria. Take daily for two weeks or weekly.
Jason Yu is Partner and Director of Marketing for The Hardwicke Group in Richmond, VA. His company specializes in new media, PR and influence with an emphasis on digital marketing strategy and reputation management. Jason enjoys keeping active by biking, running and working out on a daily basis. Jason has ran in over twenty running races including the Marine Corps Marathon, Tough Mudder, Richmond Marathon, and Xterra races. Interesting facts about Jason is that he is a music fanatic, in search fro the best macaroni and cheese, and aspiring “mixologist.”
I was working at at the gym last week and took a moment to watch the television (okay, okay, okay, I mean watching the Washington Redskins getting creamed) and this guy comes up right next to me and starts gazing at the television. He then points out all of the people in the gym and [...]