Queer Advice: My sexual identity doesn’t exactly fit in a nice neat little box
Q: So as it turns out, my sexual identity doesn’t exactly fit in a nice neat little box. However, it’s a bit cumbersome to explain, and It’d be nice just to say “I’m x” and have something to point to as an example. I’m a trans-gal who likes guys. I like to touch and feel and do other fun things! However, I don’t like it when other people try and touch me, try and get me off. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the effort, it just gets really boring really quick, and I’m not able to “release”, so to speak.
I’m pre-op and I don’t have that big of an issue with my genitalia, though I would strongly prefer a switch. I’m not even sure if I’d get that much pleasure from somebody else post-op, as the thought of it doesn’t seem to do much for me. Currently, for the sake of convenience, I’m saying that I’m asexual, but it almost feels like it’d be better to say I’m half-asexual or something! Any thoughts on what might be a good way to sum up my identity?
Lisa Griffin, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of North Carolina. With nearly 30 years of clinical experience, Dr. Griffin specializes in gender identity and sexual orientation issues, working primarily with gender-variant, transgender, and queer people (children, adolescents, and adults) and their families.
Update: We’ve gotten some questions about this claim and thought we’d clarify. Searching “LGBTQ” on whitehouse.gov yields the message as seen in the top image. The fact checking site Snopes has said the clearing of the website was announced earlier this week and it was made clear the information and sites from Obama’s administration would be [...]January 20, 2017
- Prev More than 1000 Catholic priests sign letter opposing same-sex marriage
- Next Hundreds of thousands march in Paris to oppose marriage equality
- Back to top
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee
Copyright (c) 2017 GayRVA.com | Website Developed By CO+LAB