Queer Advice: My sexual identity doesn’t exactly fit in a nice neat little box
Q: So as it turns out, my sexual identity doesn’t exactly fit in a nice neat little box. However, it’s a bit cumbersome to explain, and It’d be nice just to say “I’m x” and have something to point to as an example. I’m a trans-gal who likes guys. I like to touch and feel and do other fun things! However, I don’t like it when other people try and touch me, try and get me off. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the effort, it just gets really boring really quick, and I’m not able to “release”, so to speak.
I’m pre-op and I don’t have that big of an issue with my genitalia, though I would strongly prefer a switch. I’m not even sure if I’d get that much pleasure from somebody else post-op, as the thought of it doesn’t seem to do much for me. Currently, for the sake of convenience, I’m saying that I’m asexual, but it almost feels like it’d be better to say I’m half-asexual or something! Any thoughts on what might be a good way to sum up my identity?
Lisa Griffin, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of North Carolina. With nearly 30 years of clinical experience, Dr. Griffin specializes in gender identity and sexual orientation issues, working primarily with gender-variant, transgender, and queer people (children, adolescents, and adults) and their families.
By all means go see this show…December 10, 2016
- Prev More than 1000 Catholic priests sign letter opposing same-sex marriage
- Next Hundreds of thousands march in Paris to oppose marriage equality
- Back to top
- ‘ELF’ at Altria offers a fruit cake’s worth of Holiday cheer
- Diversity Richmond President honored along with mayor elect Stoney at TD event
- Split comedy EP recording is last stop before local comic undergoes bottom surgery
- Orlando City Soccer Club dedicates stadium seating section to Pulse nightclub victims
- ‘After Orlando’ unites theatre companies around the country (and here in RVA) to honor lives lost in the nation’s largest mass shooting
Copyright (c) 2016 GayRVA.com | Website Developed By CO+LAB