Our Top 5 Fave #Fashion Instagrams in #RVA
These accounts continuously catch our eye and help us realize what we should be wearing and what we are wearing wrong. Head on over to their respective instas and follow before you’re left looking cold.
Virtual Mutt: Chance and Aba
Virtual Mutt, “home of the do-what-you-want and do-it-yourself attitude,” is the creative collaboration that seeks to lay a lasting foundation for future Mutts. Contact Virtual Mutt at: firstname.lastname@example.org; for business inquiries: email@example.com
Rumors Boutique is every college student’s thrift shop dream. Located on 723 W. Broad Street, RVA, Rumors offers hand-picked items from around the world. To order: firstname.lastname@example.org
RVA Fashion Girl: Larissa Wisniewski
Fashion blogger, creator of the RVAFB group, RVAFW Blog manager, and Consignment Queen at Clementine in Carytown, Larissa Wisniewski is RVA’s #1 fashion advocate. Her style is Richmond chic with a classy retro twist.
Fashionista Jenn: Jennifer Burchette
Jennifer Burchette is an intern at Seventeen Magazine and Wardrobe Stylist, an RVA style blogger, and contributor for Her Campus Fashion for VCU. Her bold fashion sense is on point!
River City Fashion Uprising is a part of Mesh Media, a division of VCU Student Media. Covering local fashion, style, and shopping in RVA with a focus on campus and student style at VCU. River City Fashion Uprising says, “There is nothing quiet about Richmond fashion.” Check out the official Instagram page of the RVA fashion blog River City Fashion Uprising. (Give them a like and a follow, too!) FB & Twitter: @RCFashionU
I’m Lindsay Hawk. I am currently studying Sculpture + Extended Media at VCU, along with Biology and Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies. I enjoy making art about social issues, nudity, and sexuality. If I’m not in the studio, I’m probably exploring the outdoors, visiting art openings, talking to strangers, or chowing down on some local RVA cuisine. Find more of my work at www.lindsayhawk.com
Local fashion designer and fiber artist Michael-Birch Pierce will be giving a talk at the gallery he curated named “Manufactured Faces, Performative Spaces” on Jan. 21 at Diversity Richmond. The name of the gallery is “about the queer experience of having to carefully manufacture and create your own identity and your own spaces is in [...]January 19, 2016
- #RVAPride Fashion Shoot #01: Rumors Boutique, July 4, 2013
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About RVA Fashion Week 2013, April 30, 2013
- Prev Animal RVA’s Queer Dance Party In Photos
- Next Texas Ban on Same-sex Marriage Struck Down By Federal Court
- Back to top
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017
- British electronic legends Hot Chip to play brunch DJ set at Kabana Rooftop on 4/30