Michael Hamar – Fathers Day Reflections
Photo of George Hamar via Michael in Norfolk.
This piece originally ran June 16, 2013 and can be found at Hamar’s Blog here
“We don’t know what we would have done/what we would do without you both. We love you so much and Kyleah and Mia are so lucky to have you both in their lives.”
Michael Hamar is an out gay attorney in a committed relationship; formerly married and father of three wonderful children; sometime activist and political/news junkie; survived coming out in mid-life and hope to share my experiences and reflections with others. Follow him at Michael In Norfolk.
FORT WORTH, Texas — A judge in Texas has denied a same-sex couple’s petition to adopt their month-old twin boys. Jason Hannah, 36, and Joe Riggs, 33, are the proud fathers of twins Lucas and Ethan, who were born of the same surrogate mother. Each biologically fathered one of the twins, and the boys — who are [...]June 18, 2014
- Prev Busch Gardens Gay Days Was Amazing
- Next Louisa Transgender Man Wins Court Case in Name Change Battle
- Back to top
- Two anti-trans bills get first public hearing tomorrow afternoon, 1/19
- RVA Police and MCC team up to offer Citizens Police Academy with LGBTQ focus
- Legislators submit inclusive LGBTQ bills during 2017 session despite history of push back
- ‘NERVE: Stories of Queer Resilience’ offers voice to local LGBTQ spectrum on RTP stage
- Queer Books with Julie: ‘At Danceteria and other stories’ review