Say “I Love You” with Chocolate…
Who ever wrote the book of love must have smeared the pages with chocolate. Being a self confessed chocoholic, I know the satisfaction of a simple fudge brownie and the extravagant delight of a dark chocolate mousse.
Looking to make something special for your chocoholic love then look no further. Try this rendition of a lava cake and satiate their desires…for chocolate at least.
Serves 6 to 8
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
12 ounces bittersweet (dark) chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 large eggs
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Divide the batter among six 7-ounce ceramic teacups or ramekins. Arrange the custard cups in a baking dish or roasting pan and fill the dish with enough cool tap water to come one-third of the way up the sides of the cups. (This water bath assures that the bottom portions of the cakes remain in a batter state.)
Bake for 34 to 38 minutes, until the tops are firm. Serve warm. I prefer them topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Sinkholes can be made up to a day in advance and warmed for 30 seconds in microwave before topping with ice cream.
by Jeremy Jackson
Silver Dining has been a home chef since the first time his mom asked him to start dinner before she got home. He believes cooking should be fun and draws immense pleasure in seeing the satisfied faces of his guests. Find more inspiration on his personal blog “Chef Tell’s Kitchen.”Stay up to date on Richmond brews and more beer news on his Richmond Beermeister Blog.
In celebration of the final Harry Potter movie coming out, I decided to be brave and conjure up some butterbeer cupcakes.July 15, 2011
- Prev Because School Is Cool: A Wine Vocabulary Lesson.
- Next Making Valentine’s Day A Little Sweeter: Dessert Wine
- Back to top
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee