Fall/Winter Style for the Rest of 2010
Everyone wants to look their very best when attending this year’s 2010 Fall/Winter events. I doubt any of you really want to look like the goblins and ghouls, or a leftover holiday elf. I’m here to help: I’m excited to share some of my favorite Fall/Winter trends that will surely get the masses to turn their heads in your favor. My only hope is that you personalize each trend to fit your own personal style and find which trend, actually works for your style and personality; everyone knows, everything isn’t for everyone. When it comes to fashion and style, nothing is ever written in stone.
1. Black Takes The Back: This year is all about bold colors and vibrant prints, mixed & matched. Think animal print, geometric design, and anything artsy and eclectic. I would stay away from floral prints this season.
2. Lips Need Drama: You can now be confident in your bright and bold lip color this season by choosing rich hues. It’s even fashion forward to select not so basic colors such as deep blues and fuchsia, in addition to seductive dark reds and plums.
3. Menswear Made Sexy: For the ladies who can’t help but love the staple pieces of the menswear department, go out and love some more! We are now making blazers, wide trouser pants, and boyfriend jeans a sexy phenomenon. Adding these pieces to your weekend entire will make you look comfortable and chic – done in the right way. I always like to add something form fitting with anything super loose and baggy. When wearing a men’s blazer, try to incorporate a tight tank or t-shirt and some leggings/jeggings. Squeeze in the jean shorts before it gets too cold. Wide trouser pants are so hot in the office when added to a nice fitted blouse and paired with feminine accessories.
4. Big Chunky Jewelry: Beaded necklaces, stones, chains, and baubles are all in high demand now. The more avant-garde the better. You can add many necklaces together to achieve the same look without having to buy an expensive piece. This style is like an artistic sculpture around the wearer’s neck, turning any simple blouse into a statement.
5. Colorized Digits: Please make sure you are paying attention to the finger nails and toes this season. Too many people neglect their hands and feet during the colder months, causing more work for the hard working nail technicians in the spring. So for all nail technicians out there, I appreciate you. This season is all about bold vs. neutral. For those daring types who live on the edge, bold colors from jet black, striking greens, electric blues, and seductive reds are all in your forecast. However, for all of you who are self-controlled when it comes to nail colors can rest on simple lilacs, futuristic grays and silvers, and even soft mauve tones.
6. Military Inspired Frocks: Military jackets and boots have always been a weakness of mine and now every style magazine on this side of the equator is on the bandwagon. It’s not very hard to find military inspired pieces and make them more fitting to your lifestyle. I even encourage you to step outside the box and think of military inspired accessories such as hats, pins, and dog tags to add to basic ensembles like a shirt and tie for men or a blouse and skirt for women.
7. Plaid is Hot: I know how some of you might have your own personal feelings about plaid, but truth be told it is a hot statement print. I love it! It’s that Brawny man meets that Compton Gangster that drives me crazy, but that’s just me. Ladies and Gentlemen can sport this look whether at work or play, believe it or not and make it look sexy and chic. Be sure to get the right fit, because loose fitting plaid looks like pajamas and tight fitting plaid looks like a naughty school girl/guy.
These are just a few tips and tricks to being fashionable and fabulous this season. Always remember to be yourself and to find styles that fit your personality and your lifestyle. Being fashionable is not about being rich; it’s about being creatively rich in your mind and heart. You should be able to go from Saks to the thrift store in 2 seconds and have the confidence to wear anything from both. Show us what you got. Don’t just dress up in costume for Halloween, but maintain the confidence you would have behind your mask, on a regular basis. Go in that closet and donate what you don’t use, keep what you do and make it work. Style is about charisma and personality. How much do you have?
I'esha GaptoothDiva is a twenty-something chick promoting Love, Life, Art, and Culture in the Cap City one smart ass comment at a time. Check her out at GaptoothDiva.com or follow her on Twitter.
“Through this campaign, we’re creating an emotional connection with today’s technology driven generation, highlighting the new normal channel for modern meet-ups.”July 30, 2015
- HRC drops new video about Trump’s hopes for Supreme Court Justices
- Bianca Del Rio talks post-Drag Race success and the secret to comedy ahead of 10/21 National show
- Openly gay legislators rally to remove defunct same-sex marriage bans from Virginia law and constitution
- Ghosts of relationships past are resurrected in Cadence Theatre Company’s ‘John’
- Shenandoah County transwoman wins name change after two year battle