Eating Out: Heritage
Mentionable starters are the pimento croquettes ($4) that are warm and light with tangy notes of creamy pimento cheese. Got a bar-b-que jones? Heritage has got you covered with pork fries ($4) – pulled pork fried up and served with bbq sauce and house pickles. My pick? A butternut squash soup ($7) with pear and duck confit – the flavors are pleasantly intense and hearty.
All served with impressive presentation, Heritage’s entrees taste even better than they look (and they look pretty damn sexy). The hanger steak (at $19 is a steal) is cooked to perfection and served with a potato puree so creamy and cheesy that you may attempt to duplicate this at home – don’t try…you won’t win.
The chicken ($16) is a clear crowd pleaser that’s incredibly juicy and served on top of bacon brussel sprouts and cheesy grits – mine was a little on the dry side but others at my table didn’t find the same.
Overall … 4.5
Price: $4– $19 (worth every penny and nothing’s over $20 – brilliant)
Ambiance: Traditional RVA, warm, and energetic
Mentions: Heritage also has brunch covered
Address: 1627 W Main St (Fan)
I adore good food; the restaurants that serve it, the energy around it (even the hoopla), and telling others about it. When I'm not grubbing down on a great meal or writing, I'm mixing aromatherapy oils, letting Jillian Michaels kick my ass, and discovering new indie music that eventually goes mainstream (sigh).
In a fight for three transgender students’ rights to use the restroom corresponding to their gender identity, national legal organization Lambda Legal took their battle against Pine-Richland School District to the Pennsylvania District Court Thursday. In October, Lambda Legal, who works to fight for the rights of LGBTQ individuals and those with HIV, filed a [...]December 2, 2016
- Prev Gay marriage opponents running out of cash ahead of Supreme Court hearing
- Next Places You Want To Be This Weekend: RVA Dance Party Preview
- Back to top
- Lambda Legal urges Pennsylvania District Court to suspend Pittsburgh school’s restroom policy
- World AIDS Day event gives Richmonders a chance to remember and share
- Diversity Richmond distributes $30K in grant funding to local LGBTQ groups
- Man fired for having HIV files lawsuit agianst Texas nursing home
- World AIDS Day aims to shine light on often ignored RVA crisis