Eating Out: Heritage
Mentionable starters are the pimento croquettes ($4) that are warm and light with tangy notes of creamy pimento cheese. Got a bar-b-que jones? Heritage has got you covered with pork fries ($4) – pulled pork fried up and served with bbq sauce and house pickles. My pick? A butternut squash soup ($7) with pear and duck confit – the flavors are pleasantly intense and hearty.
All served with impressive presentation, Heritage’s entrees taste even better than they look (and they look pretty damn sexy). The hanger steak (at $19 is a steal) is cooked to perfection and served with a potato puree so creamy and cheesy that you may attempt to duplicate this at home – don’t try…you won’t win.
The chicken ($16) is a clear crowd pleaser that’s incredibly juicy and served on top of bacon brussel sprouts and cheesy grits – mine was a little on the dry side but others at my table didn’t find the same.
Overall … 4.5
Price: $4– $19 (worth every penny and nothing’s over $20 – brilliant)
Ambiance: Traditional RVA, warm, and energetic
Mentions: Heritage also has brunch covered
Address: 1627 W Main St (Fan)
I adore good food; the restaurants that serve it, the energy around it (even the hoopla), and telling others about it. When I'm not grubbing down on a great meal or writing, I'm mixing aromatherapy oils, letting Jillian Michaels kick my ass, and discovering new indie music that eventually goes mainstream (sigh).
Play some fun games and lets all Level Up together!February 27, 2017
- Prev Gay marriage opponents running out of cash ahead of Supreme Court hearing
- Next Places You Want To Be This Weekend: RVA Dance Party Preview
- Back to top
- Barcode aims to entice gaymers with new game night Tuesdays
- Campbell L. Sangster highlights female masculinity in “Odds are Stacked”
- Big performances overshadow narrative in RTP’s ‘Choir Boy’
- Locally made ‘Dayum this is my Jam’ offers fun, musically inspired preserves and more
- Diversity Richmond and Black History Museum of VA teamed up for Black LGBTQ History discussion event