The Queen is Back
RuPaul is back at Viva Glam and she is fiercer than ever before.
Besides the outfit and makeup changes giving me life, the message in this video is much deeper. Mac’s AIDS Fund, VIVA GLAM, which started in 1994 (founded by the founders of MAC—Frank Angelo and Frank Toskan) and kicked off with RuPaul brings awareness and gives back to women, men and children affected by HIV/AIDS. VIVA GLAM gives one hundred percent of the proceeds from their VIVA GLAM products directly to those affected by HIV/AIDS.
VIVA GLAM also uses fearless spokespeople to convey MAC’s creativity, diversity, the importance of being provocative and are unafraid to be true to themselves. These spokespeople have included celebrities such as KD Lang, Lil’ Kim, Eve, Missy Elliot, Sir Elton John, Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, Shirley Manson, Christina Aguilera, Linda Evangelista, Boy George, Chloe Sevigny, Nicki Minaj, Ricky Martin, Pamela Anderson, Lisa Marie Presley, Debbie Harry, Dita Von Teese, Fergie, and Cyndi Lauper. This diverse group of spokespeople stays true to MAC’s mantra “all ages, all races, all sexes.”
The current chairman of the Viva Glam Fund is John Demsey. Demsey is the Group President of The Estee Lauder Companies Incorporated as of July 2006. According to MAC AIDS Fund, Demsey is “actively involved in several AIDS-related organizations, including the Fashion Group International Advisory Board; Advisory Council of the global Business Coalition HIV/AIDS; Honorary Board of Love Heals; Love Heals, The Alison Gertz Foundation for AIDS Education; Executive Advisory Board of the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation; and AIDS Project Los Angeles.”
RuPaul is ecstatic to be apart of this campaign again which she describes as a “turning point” in her life. Of all the qualities she’s named that are essential to being a VIVA GLAM spokesperson—such as being outrageous, colorful, flamboyant and fierce—she encompasses it all. However, RuPaul is in the campaign because it is important that something is done about HIV/AIDS across the globe.
“We’re still fighting this fight. A new generation of people really don’t understand the horrors of this disease and it’s important for our lovely warriors to keep on fighting,” RuPaul says in the video above. Support MAC and the VIVA GLAM fund by buying a creamy deep burgundy red lipstick and lip gloss that is perfect when you’re lip synching for your life.
Lambda Legal: Repeal of Affordable Care Act will jeopardize those Living With HIV, transgender Americans
“The U.S. cannot go back to a time where people with pre-existing conditions can be denied coverage and health insurers can discriminate based on a person’s health or gender.”January 11, 2017
- Long-lasting, injectable PrEP-alternative lasts 8 weeks, gets first clinical trials, December 28, 2016
- Man fired for having HIV files lawsuit agianst Texas nursing home, December 1, 2016
- Health advocates concerned about HIV patients under Trump regime, November 29, 2016
- Prev Richmond Faith Leaders Gather to Oppose Unwritten Ordinance, Councilman Agelasto Explains OQA Benefits
- Next Anti-gay hate group leader appointed to La. law enforcement commission
- Back to top
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee
- Two bills aiming to limit transgender Virginians in bathrooms and schools KILLED in House subcommittee