BEHOLD! GayRVA’s NEW CALENDAR IS AWESOME!
Hi there, Brad Kutner here,
I’m the editor of GayRVA.com and I’m here to tell you about our new and improved calender! I know a lot of you used to rely on our calendar for finding out what to do around town, and we slacked on maintaining it, and for that we are sorry.
But those days are gone, because now we have this amazing new calendar that is easy to use, navigate, and even upload your own events! We’ve even made this awesome video to help you learn how to create an account, log in, and upload an event.
Now it’s gonna take some time for the venues and events to be added properly, so check back often and don’t be afraid to add an event of your own!
And here’s the written instructions:
1. Click on the calendar
2. Click the “add event button”
3. a new window will pop up with our logo at the top – see!
4. press the “log in” button and then “Create new account”
5. Follow the on screen instructions to create an account, once you’ve finished, you’ll jump back to the spin go main page and you’ll be ready to add an event. You should be bounced back to the calendar, if that happens, click the “add event” button again and you’ll see the fancy add event screen.
6. First, name the venue. I’m just going to make up an event here, but let’s say we’re throwing a party at Nu this weekend. If your venue isn’t already in Spingo’s system, you’ll have to add it with details. The good news is, once the venue is added, you’ll be set to use that event again, and Spingo will even check the social media and websites of the venues and add events for you!
7. add event information. Again, i’m just making stuff up here, so bare with me….
8. You’ll have to add an event contact, again, this will help Spingo populate our calendar with future events from your venue, so feel free to add your contact info, or the contact info for the event person at your business (or yourself if you’re a party promoter)
9. Next you’ll have the option to sponsor your post to have it show up at the top bar of our calendar. This IS NOT REQUIRED! But you can pay a fee if you are so inclined – GayRVA and Spingo split the fee money, so some of the money will go to support the work we do here at GayRVA, so consider sponsoring your even, but no pressure.
10. Alright, now we’ll go back to our calendar page and you’ll see the event listed there and it’s ready for everyone else to see! Thanks for watching this video, and we look forward to being able to better serve the community with the help of our new and improved calendar!
It’s third Friday, which brings another round of Mama’s After Dark at Nacho Mama’s. Tonight’s theme is the last days of disco, so wear your 70′s best for a chance to win a gift certificate. Catch some theater with PULP continuing its run at the Richmond Triangle Players through Sunday and Rent at the Firehouse [...]July 16, 2010
- Prev Pa’s Governor and AG Refuse to Defend State’s Gay Marriage Ban Again
- Next Joing Q94′s Jackson for Cocktails Supporting the Fan Free Clinic at Barcode Tonight
- Back to top
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017
- British electronic legends Hot Chip to play brunch DJ set at Kabana Rooftop on 4/30