Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- State Department’s apology for decades of anti-LGBTQ discrimination removed from official website
- House Subcommittee kills anti-transgender bills and bill to protect Virginia’s LGBTQs, passes “religious freedom” bill
- Legendary activist Angela Davis comes to the VMFA for sold out Africana Film Festival appearance
- ‘Wishing Well’ at CAT: All’s not particularly well that ends in a Well
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content