Top 5 Weekend Events
Family & Friends Fourth Friday
Join friends and family of the LGBT community for the monthly rotating happy hour. This month, there’s some Asian flair at Lucky Buddha, 1421 E. Cary St. on Friday, Sept. 23 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. The Lucky Buddha features signature noodle bowls, fresh seafood and great stir-frys. For more information on this event or to join the Fourth Fridays mailing list, visit Socializr here.
This burlesque show may be sold out, but the exhibit is still worth seeing. Revealed: Faberge Burlesque is presented by Friends of Art and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts will be the first time that burlesque will be performed at the VMFA. Performers from the Richmond Institute of Burlesque include the Garter Snaps, Dolli Holiday, Deepa De Jour, Philly Caramel, Ophelia Derriere and Chris Chaos have drawn inspiration from the museum’s Faberge exhibit. For more information on tickets to the exhibit at VFMA, visit their website.
Cure by Design Survivor Fashion Show
The American Cancer Association has selected first lady of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Maureen McDonald, to chair this fashionable fundraiser at the Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa in Short Pump. The main event includes designs from fashioner designers and local retailers, modeled by cancer survivors of all ages. Tickets for the auction start at $125. National designers include Alex Garfield, Johnathan Kayne and Tommy Hilfiger. For more information on the event or to purchase auction tickets, visit Cure by Design’s site here.
VA PrideFest returns to Kanawha Plaza on 8th and Canal this year. For a full guide of VA PrideFest 2011 and the day’s events, visit our special section here.
Drag Diva Bingo
Join Babes of Carytown on and Ms. Natasha Carrington on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 7:30 p.m. for Richmond’s only drag diva bingo. Cash prizes for winners and free to play. Babes of Carytown is at 3166 W. Cary St.
For more events, visit our calendar.
Gillan Ludlow is a Fredericksburg native and attending Virginia Commonwealth University as a print journalism undergraduate.
Attorney General Mark Herring on VA PrideFest: ‘If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it!’
The following letter is from Attorney General Mark Herring, which was featured in the 2016 Virginia PrideFest Pride Guide. You can read the guide in its entirety here, otherwise check out words from Herring, below: ———- If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it! We have come so far together [...]September 20, 2016
- Carytown Pride offers dog blessings, bubble parade, good times this Sunday, September 14, 2016
- Babe’s of Carytown to host Celebrity Drag event to benefit VA Pride, September 13, 2016
- Virginia Pride and Richmond Business Alliance to host fundraiser at C’est Le Vin 9/15, September 6, 2016
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights
- Hillary Campaign brings actor Blake Cooper Griffin to VA Pride
- AG Herring and VA’s marriage equality plaintiffs open Hillary Campaign office in Southside
- The Valentine’s Lesbian and Gay bus tour returns just in time to coincide with Pride
- Boys Noize drops new Snowden-themed video on 4Chan ahead of DC show