Top 5 Weekend Events
Family & Friends Fourth Friday
Join friends and family of the LGBT community for the monthly rotating happy hour. This month, there’s some Asian flair at Lucky Buddha, 1421 E. Cary St. on Friday, Sept. 23 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. The Lucky Buddha features signature noodle bowls, fresh seafood and great stir-frys. For more information on this event or to join the Fourth Fridays mailing list, visit Socializr here.
This burlesque show may be sold out, but the exhibit is still worth seeing. Revealed: Faberge Burlesque is presented by Friends of Art and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts will be the first time that burlesque will be performed at the VMFA. Performers from the Richmond Institute of Burlesque include the Garter Snaps, Dolli Holiday, Deepa De Jour, Philly Caramel, Ophelia Derriere and Chris Chaos have drawn inspiration from the museum’s Faberge exhibit. For more information on tickets to the exhibit at VFMA, visit their website.
Cure by Design Survivor Fashion Show
The American Cancer Association has selected first lady of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Maureen McDonald, to chair this fashionable fundraiser at the Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa in Short Pump. The main event includes designs from fashioner designers and local retailers, modeled by cancer survivors of all ages. Tickets for the auction start at $125. National designers include Alex Garfield, Johnathan Kayne and Tommy Hilfiger. For more information on the event or to purchase auction tickets, visit Cure by Design’s site here.
VA PrideFest returns to Kanawha Plaza on 8th and Canal this year. For a full guide of VA PrideFest 2011 and the day’s events, visit our special section here.
Drag Diva Bingo
Join Babes of Carytown on and Ms. Natasha Carrington on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 7:30 p.m. for Richmond’s only drag diva bingo. Cash prizes for winners and free to play. Babes of Carytown is at 3166 W. Cary St.
For more events, visit our calendar.
Gillan Ludlow is a Fredericksburg native and attending Virginia Commonwealth University as a print journalism undergraduate.
We’re getting closer and closer to the release of our FIRST Summer GayRVAxVAPride Guide release and we are beyond excited to be able to share it with you all! GayRVA, started in 2009 by Kevin Clay and Puchased by Inkwell LLC in 2012, has always worked hard to be a unique, LGBTQ-focused voice in Central [...]May 12, 2017
- Friends and Family Fourth Friday takes over The Tobacco Company 1/27, January 10, 2017
- December’s Family and Friends Fourth Friday heads to McCormack’s Irish Pub 12/23, December 20, 2016
- RVA’s LGBTQ Halloween 2016 Party list, October 26, 2016
- RVA salons cut gender out of pricing
- RTP Audition Notice: ‘The View UpStairs’ on stage August-September
- Ahead of return to Fourth Circuit, Virginia teen sees massive legal support for fight against anti-trans bathroom laws
- Support for same-sex has doubled since Gallop first asked 21 years ago
- Side by Side offers alternative prom for Central VA’s LGBTQ youth