There’s Still Time To Support ROSMY At Springtime: A Magical Evening on 5/3
Everyone loves ROSMY and now’s your chance to put your money where your mouth is by supporting RVA’s best LGBTQ-youth at their annual fundraiser.
Whether they were involved in your lives as a confused youth growing up here in Central VA, or you’re a transplant who knows the importance of their service, Springtime: A Magical Evening is sure to be a great chance to help a great org.
ROSMY will be giving out The 2014 Catalyst Award, an award for those inspire the community to continue expanding opportunities for LGBTQ young people to thrive. “We’re proud to honor their significant contributions to our community at this year’s Springtime event,” said ROSMY’s ED Beth Panilaitis.
The University of Richmond: UR has become increasingly noted for its commitment to providing an inclusive environment for LGBTQ students, faculty, staff, and alumni and engaging the wider community with this welcoming spirit. UR has dedicated staff and space through its program, Common Ground, to provide wide-ranging support across its campus. UR has also developed lasting partnerships with community organizations including ROSMY. This work continues with two high-profile events in 2014, the Q-Summit: A Southern Queer Youth Gathering and the Campus Pride LGBTQ College Sports Summit. All of these initiatives speak to the University’s leadership in providing empowering experiences for LGBTQ youth.
Ms. Marge Connelly: Ms. Connelly has been a powerful proponent of LGBTQ rights within the business world and the wider community in Richmond and the UK. Through her many accomplishments, she exemplifies leadership and has inspired many with her commitment to inclusion and social responsibility. Connelly is particularly noted for driving diversity within the workplace. At Capital One, she successfully advocated for domestic partner benefits and for the company’s public support of ENDA, and convinced the company to become ROSMY’s first major corporate supporter
To help inspire that giving spirit, and to make sure you don’t leave this event empty-handed, the folks at ROSMY and their community partners have set up a pretty amazing silent auction. Take a look at a few of the items below:
Picnic basket with 1 bottle of Thibaut-Jannison Rose, a $25 Gift Certificate to J. Emerson, and four complimentary King Family Vineyards wine tasting cards.
Jack Spade sports watch
Jay Strongwater Picture Frame
Cascading scale necklace by metal work artist Renee’ Warren
Original “Beken of Cowes” photograph – “Valkerie III – 1895″
You can check out the rest of the great silent auction offerings over at the Friends of ROSMY Facebook page here.
For more information and ticket sales, please visit www.rosmy.org or call 804-644-4800.
The journey that LGBTQ youths live is constantly changing.October 24, 2016
- ROSMY rebrands as Side by Side, September 12, 2016
- Rumors teams up with ROSMY for ‘Shop for a Cause’ this Sunday, August 26, 2016
- ROSMY is hiring two program coordinators, May 31, 2016
- Prev Posing Beauty in African-American Culture Opens at the VMFA on Saturday
- Next Fla. Student Says He Was Rejected by Fraternity Because He’s Openly Gay
- Back to top
- National LGBTQ campaign group backs transgender candidate in race against author of Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- Diversity Richmond addresses Chesterfield Police community meeting
- Plunge into the depths of high school female relationships in TheatreLAB’s production of ‘Dry Land’
- Brian Burns returns with new book detailing RVA’s history of income inequality, homosexuality and Maymont owner’s use of convict labor
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat