The Amazing Raise Starts Today – RVA LGBTQ Groups and Supporters Need Help, and Here’s How You Can Get Involved!
The Amazing Raise, a city wide fund raising campaign that promises matching donations for groups that raise at certain levels, has started! Below are some groups that have supported Richmond’s LGBTQ community, consider finding ways to support them! All the info below is straight from press releases, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the individual groups!
ACLU of Virginia
Starting Wednesday at 6am and going to 6pm on Thursday, Sept. 19, the ACLU Foundation of Virginia is participating in The Amazing Raise , an online fundraising event hosted by the Community Foundation in Richmond. This is a 36-hour challenge in which the Community Foundation offers matching grants as incentive prizes. Through this effort, we hope to raise $5,000 and 25 new friends.
Please think of all your friends and family who may not already support the ACLU, and remind them how important it is to protect and advance civil liberties in Virginia.
And better still, a generous donor has agreed to match dollar-for-dollar the donations of all new supporters.
Why the ACLU? The ACLU Foundation of Virginia is a private, non-profit organization that promotes civil liberties and civil rights for everyone in the Commonwealth through public education and litigation with the goal of securing freedom and equality for all. We are an affiliate of the national ACLU, with which we share resources and expertise. The vast majority of our funding comes from individual donors, so we need your support to continue protecting our fundamental liberties!
Help us win one of these incentive prizes. Your $25 donation during these times could help us win a $1,000 grant!
LUNCH BREAK: Donate ($25 or more) between noon-2pm ET on 9/18. If the ACLU has the most donors during this time period, the ACLU will get a $1,000 grant.
PROCRASTINATOR’S PRIZE: Donate ($25 or more) between 5-6pm ET on 9/19. If the ACLU has the most donors during this time period, the ACLU will get a $1,000 grant.
The Firehouse Theatre
Richmond Shakespeare/Henley Street Theater
As you know, Henley Street and Richmond Shakespeare have launched a $250,000 capital campaign to help secure our future as the
leading classic theatre in Richmond.
You can help us reach this goal AND WIN CASH PRIZES if you
donate through the Amazing Raise starting this
Weds, Sept 18th at 6am – ending at 6pm on Sept 19th.
Other Ways To Help Us Win Prizes
Midnight Madness September 19th, 12:00 am, $1,000 Prize - Awarded to the organization that receives the donation made closest to midnight.
Sunrise Special September 19th, 6:55 am, $1,000 Prize - Awarded to the organization that receives the donation made closest to sunrise in Richmond, VA at 6:56 am.
Fan Free Clinic
Each unique $50 online gift (one per credit card) qualifies FAN FREE CLINIC to win cash prizes. A unique gift is defined as one gift of $50 or more to one organization from one donor.
We are going for the $1,000 LUNCH BREAK prize! It will be awarded to the nonprofit receiving the most donations between 12N-2P. So, if possible, please give during that time frame.Each $50 gift allows us to provide $400 worth of services to our patients.Help us continue to care for low-income, uninsured people in the Greater Metro Richmond area. Tomorrow give to FAN FREE CLINIC through THE AMAZING RAISE! Thank you for your support.
Richmond Triangle Players
Visit RTP’s website on Sept. 18 – 19 to support us during this year’s Amazing Raise, and help us to continue production of stories of those who redefine love and relationships, identity and self-expression to overcome prejudice, transcend stereotypes and drive social progress.
- Come to “Rush Hour” at RTP’s theatre on Thursday, Sept. 19 from 7 – 8 a.m.We’ll have computers (and lovely assistants), free coffee, and Sugar Shack doughnuts. We’ll work to collect the most donations to a single non-profit during that time, since RTP can win an extra $1,000 if that’s us!
- Eat! Socialize! Drink! Request your favorite music with DJ Jason! And, make a donation to Richmond Triangle Players at Barcode’s (Amazing) Raise a Glass to RTP! Drawings for prizes, including dinner for 2 and an awesome piece fromTracery 157, will be done throughout the night. Get entered by completing a pledge card, available at the bar.
Pledges will be entered on your behalf by a RTP volunteer after close (between2:00 – 5:00 a.m.), so you can get your beauty sleep. Donations entered during this time will count towards the 2013 Amazing Raise ”Night Owl” prize. The non-profit that has the most donations entered in this timeframe will win $1,000.
- Visit RTP’s website , and look for the Amazing Raise icon to make a donation during the giving marathon!
- Both the Rush Hour and Night Owl prizes are awarded based upon the “most donations.” Every $25 donation counts separately, even if it’s from the same person! So, if you plan to contribute a total of $50 – give twice, $25 each time!
- If timing doesn’t work for you to give during the Rush Hour or Night Owl, give when it’s convenient for you. We love you no matter what!
Thank you for your generosity!!
To learn more about our production of the Richmond Triangle Players presents RTP’s 2013 Amazing Raise, “Like” us on Facebook, follow RTP on Twitter,
or look for future emails from us!
The Richmond Men’s Chorus and Richmond Women’s Chorus
Phil Crosby on Richmond Triangle Players’ 2016-2017 Season and the importance of gay theatre: “We are all storytellers”
The first line of acceptance is telling the truth. Telling the stories that need to be told, a Gay Theatre can be a powerful tool…September 13, 2016
- ROSMY rebrands as Side by Side, September 12, 2016
- Rumors teams up with ROSMY for ‘Shop for a Cause’ this Sunday, August 26, 2016
- Jewish Family Theatre lets teenagers loose in the French Revolution musical ‘Les Miserables’ (School Edition), August 24, 2016
- Prev S.D. transgender woman wins settlement in wrongful termination suit
- Next VCU Brings LGBTQ Civil Rights Speaker Shane L. Windmeyer on Campus Today
- Back to top
- Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine makes unannounced stop at Orlando Pulse memorial
- Firehouse Theatre’s ‘UBU 84′ challenges audiences, enlarges brains
- Virginia Pridefest 2016 broke records, offered perfect chance to celebrate being LGBTQ in RVA
- Gov. McAuliffe drops video promoting Commonwealths LGBT Tourism Campaign #LoveVA
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights