“Runway” at Center Stage
Wednesday night RVA Fashion Week continued with a model competition and runway show at Center Stage. Titled “Runway”, the event featured both menswear and womenswear from local boutiques and designers. The models competed to win representation with a talent agency, a photo shoot, and a spread in a local magazine. At the end of the event the audience was able to vote via paper ballots, however the winner was not announced at the event.
Not only did the models bring it, but the audience was dressed to impress as well. Check out images from the event below.
Katherine McEachern is a newcomer to Richmond who enjoys soaking in all the city has to offer. She works for a local nonprofit and has a side business making jewelry from vintage and repurposed materials. Her style was recently described as bohemian prep. Katherine blogs on design, food, fashion and exploring life in Richmond here and can be found on Tumblr and Twitter.
By Kristina Headrick In conjunction with RVA Fashion Week, Saks Fifth Avenue at Stony Point hosted LA based designer Trina Turk for an in-store meet and greet. A DJ spun upbeat tunes while the designer mingled with seasoned shoppers and star struck fans alike. Turk’s line of womenswear is known for its floral prints and [...]May 2, 2013
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About RVA Fashion Week 2013, April 30, 2013
- RVA Fashion Week Recap, April 26, 2012
- Richmond In Top 15 Gayest Cities, September 6, 2011
- Prev Photos: Richmond Fashion Week – VCU STRUT
- Next Catwalk for Kids: Fashion Healing Children
- Back to top
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee