Richmond’s after-Pride 2016 party list
While the day-of events for Virginia Pridefest this Saturday are all well and good, some of the best action happens when the sun goes down. That’s where the the parties below come in. There’s tons to do at the usual spots and tons of time in the night, so consider hopping around – and be sure to come see us on the roof of the Hof…
(All text and images below taken straight from facebook events – if you’ve got an event we missed, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we’ll be glad to edit or update our list! Thanks!)
A Post-Pride Dance Party at the Historic Hofheimer
ANIMAL – RVA is celebrating 4 years in the wild! Join our full crew and a few new friends at the historic Hofheimer Bldg. in Scott’s Addition following RVA Pridefest 2016. Enjoy 2 floors of dancing and lounging. Howl at the moon on Hof’s rooftop oasis, or slink down to their loft for subterranean vibes. Break/Vogue/Modern dance battle at midnight. All humans welcome!
Doors 9PM // Madness 10 PM-Close
$8 ADV // $12 DOE (Purchase tickets @ http://goo.gl/hLmPxy)
+ BREAK/VOGUE/MODERN DANCE BATTLE AT MIDNIGHT
* extra points for combining dance traditions
* extra points for arriving in costume and/or drag
* participants will get discounted admission + a chance to win PRIZES, which include 2 tickets to 10/15: Big Freedia (full band), Tank and the Bangas
+ PHOTO BOOTH
+ FOOD PROVIDED BY Goatocado
+ MORE SURPRISES TBA!
Sponsored by Gallery5, GayRVA, and KNOWN
ANIMAL is a creative collective. We are DJs, musicians, artists, and everything in between. Together we produce queer-friendly events throughout Richmond, VA by assembling eclectic, often eccentric, collaborators. (https://www.facebook.com/
Mark Your Calendars Now, for Richmond’s Biggest Pride Celebration and Afterparty at Babe’s of Carytown. After more than 31 years of being a Richmond Institution, Babes is proud to be one of Richmond’s premiere destinations for all things LGBTQIA and PRIDE! We’ve had Marriage Equality, We’ve seen our First Black President, and this could be the year for Hillary! Kick off Virginia Pride Weekend with us, and stay tuned to the event page as we add more events to our Star Studded line up, featuring some of the best female impersonators, bands, dj’s, and a few surprises!
(We are adding more and more each week!)
PS. Be Sure to look for us at PRIDE!
Triple X Diva’s hosted by Michelle Livigne
Featuring Millenium C. Snow, Katrina Colby, Sharon Husbands, Monica Duvall Ferrah, and Guests!
DJ Austin Prime and Sharon Husbands 4th Pride-day show!
Featuring The Best Kings and Queens from Across The City along with a night full of dancing!
Saturday Night: We Open Up Our Patio with DJ Austin Prime on the Outside, and DJ Sharon Husbands on the Inside and the Return of BLUE and PURPLE Jello!
Sunday Brunch BOGO 1/2 Off!
While we are all different, there are parts of our identities, our shared experiences, that make us all the same.September 21, 2016
- Gov. McAuliffe on Virginia PrideFest: “Thank you for all you do to strengthen the Commonwealth”, September 19, 2016
- Mary Lambert to headline VA Pridefest 2016 as main stage lineup announced, September 15, 2016
- GayRVA and Virginia Pride print guide for 2016 Virginia Pride has hit the streets!, September 14, 2016
- Prev BREAKING: Code Comission sends pro and anti-LGBTQ bills back to GA in time for 2017 session
- Next Quill Theatre’s ‘Dracula’ has little bite
- Back to top
- Firehouse Theatre’s ‘UBU 84′ challenges audiences, enlarges brains
- Virginia Pridefest 2016 broke records, offered perfect chance to celebrate being LGBTQ in RVA
- Gov. McAuliffe drops video promoting Commonwealths LGBT Tourism Campaign #LoveVA
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights
- Hillary Campaign brings actor Blake Cooper Griffin to VA Pride