Photos: Equality Virginia’s 2011 Commonwealth Dinner
Equality Virginia held its eighth annual Commonwealth Dinner on Saturday, April 16.
At the event, Mayor Dwight Jones announced an executive order that would place a zero tolerance policy on discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity within any city agency. The new executive order makes Richmond the seventh locale in the Commonwealth of Virginia with this protection.
The event also featured recognition of EV’s OUTstanding Virginians, entertainment by NoBS Brass and jazz vocalist Emme St. James, and an after-dinner dance. See photos from the event below.
Openly gay legislators rally to remove defunct same-sex marriage bans from Virginia law and constitution
“There are a number of Republicans, even those are against LGBT equality, who do accept that fact that the Virginia state code books should say what is the law and not what isn’t the law…”October 19, 2016
- Prev Melissa Etheridge Coming To Innsbrook After Hours
- Next Interviewing “Private Romeo” Director Alan Brown
- Back to top
- Republicans may not want Trump as the face of the GOP – but they want his positions
- POCollective hosts ‘Creepin it Real’ at Witch Mountain as part of reboot efforts
- HRC drops new video about Trump’s hopes for Supreme Court Justices
- Bianca Del Rio talks post-Drag Race success and the secret to comedy ahead of 10/21 National show
- Openly gay legislators rally to remove defunct same-sex marriage bans from Virginia law and constitution