NoH8 Campaign comes to GCCR in May
Read More: NoH8 campaign
The folks at the nationally-now NoH8 campaign are coming to The Gay Community Center of Richmond and here’s the details you need to know about how to get your photo!
Since 2008, the NoH8 campaign has traveled the globe spreading a message of equality through photographs of celebrities and normal folks. Anyone can take part in the shoots, which has collected over 33,000 faces over the years.
“While inspired by the passage of Prop 8, the scope of the NOH8 Campaign has grown to stand against discrimination and bullying of all kinds,” reads the message on NoH8′s about us page. “The message of ‘No Hate’ can be interpreted and applied broadly, and speaks to each person in their own way.”
Join the #NOH8Worldwide movement in RICHMOND and add your face to the fight for equal human rights!
WHERE: GCCR (Gay Community Center of Richmond)
1407 Sherwood Avenue
Richmond, VA 23220
DATE: Saturday May 16th, 2015
TIME: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Single/Solo Photos: $40
Couple/Group Photos: $25 per person
NOH8 accepts cash and credit cards only. Fees paid to participate cover services and costs for one edited digital print only, made available vianoh8campaign.com, and do not include physical prints.
* COME CAMERA-READY *
* WEAR A WHITE SHIRT *
* POSE & MAKE A STATEMENT! *
The NOH8 Campaign returns to The Gay Community Center of Richmond (GCCR) on Saturday, May 16th for an open photo shoot! Stop by anytime between 2pm-5pm to pose for an official NOH8 photo by photographer Adam Bouska. No reservations needed!
Photos are first-come, first-served – and we move fast! Please arrive camera-ready with a plain white shirt to match the signature style of the NOH8 photos.
When is the best time to arrive? Most people tend to arrive before the photo shoot begins, but as long as someone has lined up by the advertised end time for the photo shoot (5:00pm for this photo shoot), they should be guaranteed a chance to pose!
Once you arrive, the next steps are easy!
1. Fill-out one numbered model release for each person.
2. Have a NOH8 temporary tattoo applied for your photo.
3. Standby for your number to be called.
4. Process your payment once called.
5. Trade your processed model release for duct tape!
NOH8 Co-Founder Adam Bouska will photograph roughly 5-10 frames per person. One frame will be selected/edited by our team and made available within approximately eight weeks (timeline subject to change).
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and make sure to note which shoot you’d like to volunteer for!
Funds raised by the NOH8 Campaign will be used to continue promoting and raising awareness for marriage and human equality as well as anti-discrimination and anti-bullying through NOH8’s interactive social media campaign. This includes bringing the campaign to other cities and countries around the world, creating and compiling images for our ongoing large-scale media campaign, and covering the costs of the daily operations and maintenance necessary to run this rapidly growing campaign out of our Burbank Headquarters.
The NOH8 Campaign is a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Click here and scroll down to the ‘Funds & Financing’ portion of our FAQ for more information about how fees are utilized.
NOH8 accepts cash and credit cards only.April 27, 2015
- Prev Learn about getting your business LGBT-BE certified at RBA event Thursday night
- Next TheREDproject aims to inform and open dialog about HIV/AIDS through dance
- Back to top
- BREAKING: Senate bill to offer protections for LGBTQs in housing passes first vote with bi-partisan support
- BREAKING: Senate Bill to add protections for Virginia’s LGBTQ public employees passes first hurdle
- Madonna responds to criticism over Women’s March speech
- Broadway smash and Grammy winner Idina Menzel returns to Richmond this Spring
- State Department’s apology for decades of anti-LGBTQ discrimination removed from official website