Detox, Willam & Vicky Vox Set Nu A Blaze
LADY BOYS AND GIRLS, AND THOSE WHO DREAM TO RULE THE WORLD, SMOKEY EYE, CHERRY LIP, STILETTOS ON, NOW BREAK. IT. DOWN!
The crowd is ROARING, the EXCITEMENT is high and the ANTICIPATION is heavy… BAM the lights illuminate the stage and 3 Shadowy figures emerge ” WHATS UP RICHMOND!” it’s DETOX, WILLAM and RuPauls Drag Race viewer VICKY VOX! These three queens are a prime example of what a party should be! From original songs to crump humping on each other, everyone was entertained!!
Well once again Nu Restaurant & Lounge has put on another successful event! DWV came back to the River City last week to two sold out shows ( Dinner & Club Night ). They sang all our favorites “Chicken Chow Down”, “Boy is a Bottom”, “Silicone”, and “Trouble”. Since it’s was Detox third time to Nu she had to perform “Mannequin”.
The dinner show was fantastic! So many people, so much energy, and so many dollar bills! With the new renovations, Nu has really change the game of what a dinner show can be. The show was hosted by Vada Kaye, myself and included Millenium C. Snow. When DWV came out I swear we could have gotten a noise violation from all that cheering!! It’s safe to say Richmond has a crush on DWV!
During the dinner show Willam took the place as head judge for the LIP SYNC FOR YOUR LIFE CHALLENGE. Vada, Millenium, and myself chose people from out in the crowd to strut their stuff. What better song for them to dance to than Lady Gaga “Bad Romance.” In the end, Willam choose the gurl’ with biggest butt, millennium’s girl!
The club night started with the doors opening at 10pm and Nu quickly filled up. The patio seemed to be the hot spot to relax and wait for the show. The best seats were most certainly the VIP tables on the raised platform. DWV did two 30 min sets, but during the second set Willam came out sporting Detox’s new tank top “nothing can stop us now”. Detox came out sporting Willam’s tank top “Willam” with her face on it ( shocker ). The real Tea was VICKY! She came out sporting Detox tank but had Willam’s as a skirt!!
If you missed either of these shows, you need to stop missing them. Nu is a leading bar in VA for bringing all your favorite RuPaul Drag Race girls. Next to grace the stage is Ms. Happy Halloween herself Season 4 winner SHARON NEEDLES!!!
Tickets available at NUNIGHTCLUB.COM
Michelle Livigne is the newest brand "CuzimEdgy." One of Richmond finest entertainers in the drag community, and now leaping her way to GAYRVA! Celebrating 5 years of drag entertainment, Michelle has graced stages From NY to Fl captivating audiences with her energetic dancing, precise choreography, and EDGY wit. Locally Michelle can be seen performing at Nu Nightclub and Babes of Carytown and on occasion Fallout. Dont let her cute face fool ya - she will color outside the lines and bite back!
“This album will make you LOL like a stripper with a change belt.”June 4, 2015
- Nu Nightclub to Close Its Doors With One Last Party Tonight, February 6, 2014
- Nu Nightclub’s Brunch Has a Sweet Living Social Deal, January 6, 2014
- ‘Mob Wives of Richmond’ Christmas Extravaganza Thursday, 12/19 at Nu, December 16, 2013
- Prev ROSMY To Unveil Art 180 Mural Tonight at 6PM
- Next Obituary: In Loving Memory of Tara Elizabeth Hill
- Back to top
- Congressman Dave Brat signs letter urging Trump to support federal “religious freedom” law
- Northam recruits Virginia’s same-sex marriage plaintiffs in new campaign ad
- ‘Beautiful: The Carol King Musical’ at the Altria offers powerful insight into the pop music legend’s dark romantic past
- Richmond LGBTQ activist found stabbed to death, left for weeks, in Chesterfield home
- National LGBTQ campaign group backs transgender candidate in race against author of Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban