Meet the New Owners of Sistah Sinema
Read More: Sistah Sinema
What a wonderful way to celebrate the ending of 2015 and the dawning of the 2016, as the new owners of Sistah Sinema! We are humbled to be selected to take the reins and to continue its great tradition of bringing QTWOC stories to larger audiences. We have huge shoes to fill and wish Isis luck as she pursues new and exciting endeavors. We would be remiss if we did not mention our City Brand Managers, who we have come to know and love, who are also critical to Sistah Sinema’s reputation.
Thank you all so much!
That being said we are always looking to expand Sistah Sinema’s reach so if you or someone you know are interested in leading Sistah Sinema in your city please reach out to us.
We want to take this moment to introduce ourselves and let you know some of the ideas we plan to implement to take Sistah Sinema into its next chapter of success. Soon we will start soliciting for members of our new national advisory board.
We are hoping to bring together queer and trans women from all walks of life, who are invested in our work to help direct the future of Sistah Sinema. There is immense talent within our community and we want to provide you all with the opportunity to impact the trajectory of the organization. Applications for board members will be available in 2016. If you are interested and want to make sure you know when they go live feel free to email us and we will personally send you an application.
Some of the events we are looking forward to include:
- A series of large traveling screenings in cities where we currently do not have a market. Expansion is one of our number one priorities. If you would like to work with us to bring a special screening to your city, let us know.
- Sistah Sinema summer workshops for aspiring and amateur documentary makers. We will host several of these in different cities in 2016.
- In January, we are planning a special screening during Creating Change in Chicago so if you’ll be in the area be on the look out for that.
- Lastly, we are very excited to soon release our new line up for the 2016 season. Watch your inboxes, the notice will go out soon.
If you would like to be involved in any of these exciting events, please send us an email.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support of Sistah Sinema and we look forward to continuing to have you in our corner as we grow. Please feel free to reach out to us with your ideas and questions.
India & Ayana
Sistah Sinema, a monthly series showcasing queer women of color in film, is hosting an event this weekend at Capital Ale House’s downtown location. The meetup will screen “Saving Face,” a romantic comedy, directed by Alice Wu and starring Joan Chen for their their August feature. Saving Face centers around Wilhelmina, a young Chinese-American surgeon; her [...]August 12, 2016
- Prev Now that ‘X-Men’ character Iceman has come out, Shawn Ashmore wants to play him again.
- Next Virginia Senator aims to protect LGBTQ state employees for good with new legislation
- Back to top
- ‘Perfect Arrangement’ at RTP dramatizes the 1950s lavender scare with important results
- VCU LGBTQ History Month: Panel to speak on VCU’s famed 1974 Gay Alliance of Students lawsuit
- ‘ISIS: A Love Story’ turns the worlds most nefarious terrorist organization into a queer Romeo & Juliet
- HRC and national pediatric organizations team up for new guide on raising transgender kids
- Live performance of ‘Phantom’ at the Byrd Theatre aims to highlight the famed movie palace’s original elegance