Meet Democratic Candidate Mark Herring in Hampton on Saturday
Virginia State Senator Mark Herring of Loudoun County, the current Democratic candidate for the state’s attorney general position, will be having a two hour meet and greet event on Saturday, October 12th at the home of attorney Michael B. Hamer and his partner, Barry Menser. The host committee for the event also includes Senator John Miller (D) and Hampton Commissioner of Revenue Ross Mugler.
With election day (November 5th) fast approaching, Herring hopes to continue drumming up support for his campaign against Republican nominee, Senator Mark Obenshain of Harrisonburg.
Hammer said Obenshains voting record against progressive issues has been the core of his support for Herring. “The thought of Mark Obenshain scares me, I mean this is a man who wanted to make women go to prison for a year if they failed to call the police and report if they had a miscarriage within twenty-four hours.”
Hammer criticized Obenshain for his political similarities to current Virginia Attorney General and Republican candidate for Governor of Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli, stating that Obenshian this is a man who wants a personhood amendment to the state constitution so there could be no abortion of any kind, and, other than old-fashioned condoms, most contraception would be illegal.”
Hammer also expressed support of Herring’s policies around LGBTQ issues, saying “On gay issues, [Herring] supports gay marriage, I don’t think he’ll be an ideologue in office like Cuccinelli has been.”
Virginia, which has not had a Democratic Attorney General and a Democratic Governor in office at the same time since 1994, may soon see some drastic political changes in the near future. These elections could also hold serious implications for the LGBTQ community and the question of same-sex marriage in the state.
Hammar lives on Chesapeake Ave in Hampton, VA
Please RSVP Here, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 703.928.5770
Attorney General Mark Herring on VA PrideFest: ‘If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it!’
The following letter is from Attorney General Mark Herring, which was featured in the 2016 Virginia PrideFest Pride Guide. You can read the guide in its entirety here, otherwise check out words from Herring, below: ———- If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it! We have come so far together [...]September 20, 2016
- Virginia Delegates respond to AG Herring’s LGBTQ discrimination opinion and conflict over the results, May 11, 2016
- RPD Liaison Captain Greene meets with community, announces ROSMY-run LGBTQ training for RPD officers, March 10, 2016
- Two delegates aim to undo protections for LGBTQ students and teachers across the Commonwealth, January 7, 2016
- Prev BREAKING: US Supreme Court Denies Cuccinelli’s Sodomy Appeal
- Next Laverne Cox “Overshares” in new Video from ‘Lives with Meredith Vieira’
- Back to top
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights
- Hillary Campaign brings actor Blake Cooper Griffin to VA Pride
- AG Herring and VA’s marriage equality plaintiffs open Hillary Campaign office in Southside
- The Valentine’s Lesbian and Gay bus tour returns just in time to coincide with Pride
- Boys Noize drops new Snowden-themed video on 4Chan ahead of DC show