Henrico’s CAT Theatre announces auditions for 2015-16 Season
Just got this in our inbox, check out details below via CAT Theatre:
CAT Theatre is holding auditions for three upcoming productions in late August. CAT opens its 52nd Season with Noel Coward’s Private Lives which runs from October 23 – November 7, 2015. CAT’s Acts of Faith entry will be Unexpected Tenderness, by Israel Horowitz and is being co-produced with 5th Wall Theatre and runs January 22 – February 13, 2016. Bifocals at Cat will present Thanks Mitch, its first production at CAT, touring November 10 – December 4, 2015, with performances at CAT at 8:00 p.m. on November 9 and 2:30 p.m. on November 13.
All roles are paid. Audition information for each production is as follows:
Private Lives: October 23 – November 7, 2015
Auditions: Sunday, August 23 and Monday, August 24, 2015, 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Director Melissa Rayford seeks to cast the following:
ELYOT: (Male, 35-50) Will be involved in several physical fights.
AMANDA: (Female, 35-50) Will be involved in several physical fights.
VICTOR: (Male, late 20′s – early 40′s) Limited fight choreography.
SIBYL: (Female, mid 20′s) Limited fight choreography.
These four must be able to speak with a British accent.
Rayford also seeks one female (any age) to play the character LOUISE, who speaks only French in the show. For those auditioning for LOUISE, the ability to play a musical instrument is a plus, but not required. All actors should be physically able to handle fight choreography. The ability to sing is a plus, but not required.
If needed, call backs will be held on Thursday, August 27. Audition forms and additional information are available on the CAT website at www.cattheatre.com.
Unexpected Tenderness: January 23 – February 13, 2016
Auditions: Tuesday, August 25, and Wednesday, August 26, 2015, by appointment (7:00 – 10:00 p.m.)
Director Billy Christopher Maupin seeks the following:
ARCHIE STERN: (Male, mid-late 30’s) handsome, strong, sad-eyed, suspicious. NOTE: Same actor plays RODDY (The Elder) throughout play.
MOLLY STERN: (Female, 30’s) Archie’s wife; an attractive and kind woman, ability to play piano desirable, but not required.
SYLVIE STERN: (Female, 15) Archie and Molly’s daughter, preferably plays piano, but not required.
RODDY (The Younger) STERN (Male, 14) small, but confident. May be played by a slightly younger or older actor.
HADDIE STERN (Female, 50’s – 60’s) Archie’s mother, strong, but likely weary.
JACOB STERN (Male, 60+) Archie’s father, has severe Parkinson’s disease, slurred speech for much of the play.
WILLIE (Male, 30’s – early 40’s) Archie’s helper.
NOTE: The Sterns are a New England Jewish family in the 1950’s. While dialects will be used in the show, they are not necessary for auditions.
Auditions for Unexpected Tenderness are by appointment. To sign up for an audition time visit:
Thanks Mitch, Bifocals at CAT: November 9 – December 4, 2015
Monday, August 24, and Tuesday, August 25 at 10:00 a.m.
Director Pat Walker seeks senior actors 50 and older: one man and one woman who can play 70s – 80s and one man and one woman who can play multiple characters, 50s to early 60s. Double casting is a possibility.
More information is available on the CAT Theatre website at www.cattheatre.com.
CAT Theatre is located at 319 N. Wilkinson Road, Henrico, Virginia 23227.
‘After Orlando’ unites theatre companies around the country (and here in RVA) to honor lives lost in the nation’s largest mass shooting
“This is not a political protest piece, this is a reaction, a theatrical reaction to something,”December 7, 2016
- Dogtown Dance Theatre seeking submissions for 2017 Richmond Dance Festival, November 18, 2016
- Bootleg Shakespeare returns with ‘Julius Caesar’ unlike you’ve ever seen it before, October 26, 2016
- CAT Theatre kicks off Halloween with the horror effects-driven ‘I’ll Be Back Before Midnight’, October 17, 2016
- Prev Obama announces new national HIV/AIDS Strategy Through 2020 with live day-long webcast (watch now)
- Next Calvin Klein debuts first ad campaign featuring same-sex couples
- Back to top
- Split comedy EP recording is last stop before local comic undergoes bottom surgery
- Orlando City Soccer Club dedicates stadium seating section to Pulse nightclub victims
- ‘After Orlando’ unites theatre companies around the country (and here in RVA) to honor lives lost in the nation’s largest mass shooting
- FKA Twigs hosted a free dance class in Baltimore and made a documentary of it
- Bullied teen’s attempted suicide spurred canceled GSA event at VA Beach high school