GayRVA to Host Town Hall Meeting during Pride Workshop Series
Join GayRVA.com’s panel this Saturday at Gay Pride Virginia for our first Town Hall Meeting from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Gay Community Center’s new classroom facing Sherwood Avenue. This roundtable discussion focuses on moving the?GLBTQ community to new heights in our hometown. Get in on the?conversation with community leaders and bloggers from a diverse range? of backgrounds. A transcription of the discussion will be available on?GayRVA.com Monday, September 28.
The roundtable discussion is part of Gay Pride Virginia’s series of workshops being help at this year’s festival. Sure, Pride is about having fun and celebrating – but it is also a time for education and empowerment!
Here’s the full workshop line-up:
Relationships Workshop for singles & couples / 2:30pm – 3:45
Jonathan Lebolt, PhD, LCSW / Dealing directly can increase intimacy and vitality in our relationships. After discussing the concept of dealing directly, the group will confidentially explore solutions to a relationship problem of one or more members. A handout on relationship skills will be provided.
Jonathan Lebolt, PhD, LCSW has many years’ experience in providing individual, couples, and group psychotherapy to adults. A dynamic and supportive speaker, he has led relationship workshops numerous times at the LGBT Community Center of New York, MCC New York, and MCC Richmond. He may be reached at (804) 683-4536, http:\\Doctor-Jon.home.comcast.net or Doctor-Jon@comcast.net.
LGBT Financial Planning / 4:00pm – 4:45pm
Meredith Briggs, Certified AXA Advisor/Golden Door Financial.
Attend and discover …
- The smartest ways for you and your partner to save for retirement.
- Creating financial strategies within the regulatory environment.
- Planning options that help cover legal gaps and tax issues.
- Managing issues of disability and life insurance.
- Preparing for retirement and estate planning
- Plus, there will be Q&A time with Meredith after the workshop!
Moving Richmond’s GLBTQ Forward / 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Join GayRVA.com’s panel for a roundtable discussion about moving the GLBTQ community to new heights in our hometown. Get in on the conversation with community leaders and bloggers from a diverse range of backgrounds. A transcription of the discussion will be available on GayRVA.com Monday, September 28.
The Science Museum of Virginia brings the first exhibit of Body Worlds to Richmond with one dozen plastinated bodies on display.May 25, 2012
- An Interview With Gospel Christian Songwriter, Ray Boltz, April 6, 2011
- Martha Wash of The Weather Girls to Headline PrideFest, March 21, 2011
- Virginia Pride Date Auction Raises $4K, May 24, 2010
- Theatre VCU’s ‘A Trip to Bountiful’ is a bounty of delights
- Hillary Campaign brings actor Blake Cooper Griffin to VA Pride
- AG Herring and VA’s marriage equality plaintiffs open Hillary Campaign office in Southside
- The Valentine’s Lesbian and Gay bus tour returns just in time to coincide with Pride
- Boys Noize drops new Snowden-themed video on 4Chan ahead of DC show