Detox, Willam and Vicky Vox (DWV) are Back at Nu Night Club Tonight!
Do you know someone who makes you wanna gobble up a waffle fry? Need to Rupaulogize, or are you just pumped with silicone? Well you can get your fill of DWV this thursday July 18 at NU Restaurant and Lounge.
Yes you heard right Detox, Willam, and Vicky are back in the 804 for one night only!! DWV hit the scene years ago in la being a full drag queen band called TRANZKUNTINENTAL.
They started out doing covers of white snake mashed up with Robyn and they have now morphed into super stars thanks to Rupaul!
Willam was the first band member to make it on Rupauls drag race, she popped up on season 4 when Sharon needles took the crown. She was undoubtedly heading for winners circle, with her sass, quick wit, and fabulous shoes. She immediately got under the skin of Phi Phi O’Hara (who was just at Nu two weeks ago with Carmen carrera of season 3!)
Willam came in 6th after being asked to leave the competition for not following the rules. It was rumored she was taking gigs while filming the show, but she said she was having visits from her husband… Who knows?!
Next we have the one, the only DETOX!!! She popped up in Rupauls Drag Race Season 5. She was the first queen in the work room looking sickening in her leather yellow and black corset and skirt with a feathered top hat. (which she quickly had to submerge in water for their first mini challenge that she won!) Detox came in 4th after losing her lip sync to the winner of season 5 Jinkx Monsoon. Just like Willam, Detox was infectious on the show with her kiss-my-ass attitude, lovely mug, and unique garments… Showing off her perfectly plumped ass.
WHO’S LEFT?? Vicky Vox!! Vicky, is on multiple rumored list for the new season of drag race, which is actually wrapping up filming in the next week. She has been seen on wehoconfidential.com and Instagrams WELOVEQUEENS. (I too was featured on these sites but no on not on season 6)
There is no confirmation on this, but from what I know and have heard I don’t think she made it.
So this Thursday where will you be?? Better be Nu Restaurant and Lounge for a hot hot HOT show. Dinner starts at 7 hosted by Vada Kaye and myself and club night kicks off at 10pm. Tickets are available at NUNIGHTCLUB.COM. Come check out the newly renovated bar with added patio!
Michelle Livigne is the newest brand "CuzimEdgy." One of Richmond finest entertainers in the drag community, and now leaping her way to GAYRVA! Celebrating 5 years of drag entertainment, Michelle has graced stages From NY to Fl captivating audiences with her energetic dancing, precise choreography, and EDGY wit. Locally Michelle can be seen performing at Nu Nightclub and Babes of Carytown and on occasion Fallout. Dont let her cute face fool ya - she will color outside the lines and bite back!
“I think drag gave me permission… to find my voice. It was a very healing experience.”March 28, 2017
- Blondie puts drag queen on Mars in disco-tastic new song/video, US tour this summer, February 15, 2017
- Lynchburg native turned filmmaker aims to inform and entertain with ‘Dressed as Girl’, April 13, 2016
- RuPaul Queen Pearl talks perfume and album production ahead of ‘Queens of the Night’ performance 10/18 at the Altria, October 12, 2015
- Prev The GayRVA 2013 Reader’s Poll
- Next Netflix’s Orange Is The New Black – Funny As Hell, but a Less Than Accurate Portrayal of Lesbians and Women’s Prison
- Back to top
- May PFLAG meeting features public school employees to discuss how schools handle LGBTQ students
- Surviving faith and family, Jaimie Wilson looks to support trans people like himself through music
- Richmond Triangle Players buys building, names it after “cornerstone” supporter Robert B Moss
- HAIM drops first record in four years, new single is minimal pop gold
- Join Richmond Business Alliance at the VMFA for OutRVA benefit this Friday