Carmen Carrera and Phi Phi Ohara Invade Nu
Phi Phi Ohara and Carmen Carrera
On Friday night NU Nightclub had two stars from Rupaul’s Drag Race: The body-beautiful Carmen Carrera of Season 3 and the most controversial queen of them all, Phi Phi Ohara of Season 4.
The night started out with a line a people waiting in a line wrapped around the block for the doors to open at 10 (The usual when NU brings a Rupaul girl to town). Once inside you knew it was going to be a great night. Amy Alderman, Style Weekly’s #2 Best DJ, was up in the DJ booth getting the crowd ready for the queens about to grace the stage.
The night started off with Vada Kaye and myself (Michelle Livigne) hitting the stage with champagne bottles lit with sparklers. Up first PHI PHI OHARA!!
RVA Girls on stage
She came out to a rockin JLo mix. She pumped, jumped, kicked and twirled like the superstar she had become in her fierce all red outfit mimicking JLo herself. Following, we had entertainment by Alassandra Mcqueen from Va Beach, Riveria Chalet from Fredricksburg and everyone favorite 8th edgy wonder of the world ME!
Phi Phi via iamtreyloco
Finally the time for Carmen… music turned up, lights drop down, and there she is wearing nothing but two belts and a necklace! She made her way down the stairs into the crowd; grouping the willing and crawling down the bar serving sex appeal to anyone with an empty (or full) glass.
Carrera’s second outfit… if you can call it that
At intermission we toasted; DJ Amy Alderman celebrating her birthday and then spun the hardest set I had ever witnessed with my pretty little ears.
The show resumed, the crowd, as pump as ever, finished out the night. Phi Phi gave a dance mix for our lives and Carmen came out in a little less then before, asking if she can get in the shower that on the stage ( I think we should have her back, and make it rain.. pun intended ).
As the end of the night approached, the hot and sweaty patrons leaked out the front door leaving a trail of straws, napkins and spilt drink, the saddest parade streamers in my opinion. Most went home, some to their next party stop, it was Fri-night after all!!
Coming next to NU Nightclub is WIllam Vicky and Detox on July 18, buy your tickets now at www.nunightclub.com click the tab EVENTS
Michelle Livigne is the newest brand "CuzimEdgy." One of Richmond finest entertainers in the drag community, and now leaping her way to GAYRVA! Celebrating 5 years of drag entertainment, Michelle has graced stages From NY to Fl captivating audiences with her energetic dancing, precise choreography, and EDGY wit. Locally Michelle can be seen performing at Nu Nightclub and Babes of Carytown and on occasion Fallout. Dont let her cute face fool ya - she will color outside the lines and bite back!
“I think drag gave me permission… to find my voice. It was a very healing experience.”March 28, 2017
- Blondie puts drag queen on Mars in disco-tastic new song/video, US tour this summer, February 15, 2017
- RuPaul’s ‘Battle of the Seasons’ offered Drag Race stars a chance to shine for fans at The National, May 24, 2016
- Lynchburg native turned filmmaker aims to inform and entertain with ‘Dressed as Girl’, April 13, 2016
- Prev Richmond Men’s Chorus Brings Music To the River City
- Next Gender-Bending Blogger Asked by BET to Change Clothes at Awards Show Red Carpet
- Back to top
- A look at the Rodney King riots 25 years later in ‘Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992′ at TheatreLAB this weekend
- Missing Charlottesville transgender woman’s case changed to homicide
- Federal judge rules in favor of discriminated gay man but not how you might think
- Diversity Richmond to host first Drag Bingo and afterparty event this Friday
- HEAL LLC creates a ‘soft spot to land’ for LGBTQ women of color with ‘The Healing Journey’