"The music, joy, and poignant warmth of the season grace our stage in this, the greatest Christmas ghost story of all time."
GayRVA Staff | August 18, 2014
Henley Street theater is performing ”Mr Dickens’ Christmas Carol” this holiday season and nows your chance to get your time in the spot light. Here’s the call for auditions below via Henley Street:
November 28 – December 20, 2014
Directed by Gary Hopper
Rehearsals begin on October 20, 2014
Performance location: Grace Street Theatre
The music, joy, and poignant warmth of the season grace our stage in this, the greatest Christmas ghost story of all time. Just four actors play all the roles in our original adaptation, as Charles Dickens crafts the gripping tale of Ebenezer Scrooge facing Christmases past, present and future in a mystical journey of transformation and redemption.
- Charles Dickens (M 35-40): A frustrated, brilliant author who creates, and then becomes, Ebenezer Scrooge, the flinty, sharp-tongued miser.
- Spirit of the Past (M 50+): Casual yet courtly, kind, content, and accepting that no one ever listens to him. Plays other characters.
- Spirit of the Present (F 25-45): Alive only in this moment. Compassionate, courageous, and almost unbearably honest. Plays other characters.
- Spirit of the Future (M/F 30-50): Coolly patient, quietly wise, a bit mysterious. Knows what cannot yet be known. Plays other characters.
Dates: Monday, August 25 from 6pm to 9pm.
Location: Battery Park Christian Church – 4201 Brook Road, Richmond 23227
- Please prepare a memorized one-minute monologue that you feel deeply connected to.
- Bring one headshot and resume
- All acting positions are paid.
- No Equity contracts are available.
- No rehearsal conflicts will be accepted in the two weeks prior to opening week.
To schedule an audition, please contact Brittany at: BKeegan@HenleyStreetTheatre.