Audition alert: Quill Theatre’s ‘Assassins,’ looking to fill roles
Roles to be Cast
Leon Czogolsz – Male (baritone) Assassinated President William McKinley September 6, 1901. A scruffy, sullen laborer in his late twenties. Polish accent.
John Hinckley – Male (tenor) Attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan March 30, 1981. A soft, plump twenty-one- year-old.
Charles Guiteau – Male (tenor) Assassinated President James Garfield July 2, 1881. Early forties, quick, furtive, seedy, but dapper.
Giuseppe Zangara – Male (tenor) Attempted to assassinate President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt February 15, 1933. A tiny, angry man in his early thirties, in a perpetual state of stomach pain. Italian accent.
Samuel Byck – Male (baritone) Attempted to assassinate President Richard M. Nixon February 22, 1974. A fattish, greasy man in a sweat-marked Santa Claus suit. Mid-forties.
Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme – Female (soprano) Attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford September 5, 1975. A small, intense girl, associated with Charles Manson. Late twenties.
Sara Jane Moore – Female (alto) Attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford September 22, 1975. A bright-eyed, heavy-set middle-aged woman.
John Wilkes Booth – Male (tenor) Assassinated President Abraham Lincoln April 14, 1865. Handsome and thoughtful, attractive and charismatic. Late twenties.
Lee Harvey Oswald – Male (baritone) Assassinated President John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963. Sad and sensitive, confused and intense. Mid-twenties.
The Balladeer – Male or Female (tenor/soprano) A narrator character who also acts as an inciter of action and plays multiple roles in the play.
Emma Goldman, a shooting-gallery Proprietor, David Herrold, a Bartender, nine-year- old Billy Moore, James Garfield, Gerald Ford, Reporters, Photographers, Tourists, Bystanders, etc.
“There are specific stories in the play of what was happening here on December 7th to show that life was going on over here on this side of the world…”November 30, 2016
- Prev Supreme Court sides with Gloucester County, blocks trans student from using correct bathroom
- Next Billy Christopher Maupin offers two nights of cabaret charm with ‘This Fish Needs a Bicycle’ at The Camel
- Back to top
- Lambda Legal urges Pennsylvania District Court to suspend Pittsburgh school’s restroom policy
- World AIDS Day event gives Richmonders a chance to remember and share
- Diversity Richmond distributes $30K in grant funding to local LGBTQ groups
- Man fired for having HIV files lawsuit agianst Texas nursing home
- World AIDS Day aims to shine light on often ignored RVA crisis