Audition alert: Quill Theatre’s ‘Assassins,’ looking to fill roles
Roles to be Cast
Leon Czogolsz – Male (baritone) Assassinated President William McKinley September 6, 1901. A scruffy, sullen laborer in his late twenties. Polish accent.
John Hinckley – Male (tenor) Attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan March 30, 1981. A soft, plump twenty-one- year-old.
Charles Guiteau – Male (tenor) Assassinated President James Garfield July 2, 1881. Early forties, quick, furtive, seedy, but dapper.
Giuseppe Zangara – Male (tenor) Attempted to assassinate President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt February 15, 1933. A tiny, angry man in his early thirties, in a perpetual state of stomach pain. Italian accent.
Samuel Byck – Male (baritone) Attempted to assassinate President Richard M. Nixon February 22, 1974. A fattish, greasy man in a sweat-marked Santa Claus suit. Mid-forties.
Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme – Female (soprano) Attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford September 5, 1975. A small, intense girl, associated with Charles Manson. Late twenties.
Sara Jane Moore – Female (alto) Attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford September 22, 1975. A bright-eyed, heavy-set middle-aged woman.
John Wilkes Booth – Male (tenor) Assassinated President Abraham Lincoln April 14, 1865. Handsome and thoughtful, attractive and charismatic. Late twenties.
Lee Harvey Oswald – Male (baritone) Assassinated President John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963. Sad and sensitive, confused and intense. Mid-twenties.
The Balladeer – Male or Female (tenor/soprano) A narrator character who also acts as an inciter of action and plays multiple roles in the play.
Emma Goldman, a shooting-gallery Proprietor, David Herrold, a Bartender, nine-year- old Billy Moore, James Garfield, Gerald Ford, Reporters, Photographers, Tourists, Bystanders, etc.
Perhaps the usher should have handed out boxes of tissue along with the friendly reminder to use the restroom before the show.February 21, 2017
- Prev Supreme Court sides with Gloucester County, blocks trans student from using correct bathroom
- Next Billy Christopher Maupin offers two nights of cabaret charm with ‘This Fish Needs a Bicycle’ at The Camel
- Back to top
- Diversity Richmond and Black History Museum of VA teamed up for Black LGBTQ History discussion event
- Mayor Stoney signs national pledge to fight LGBTQ discrimination
- GoT’s Gethin Anthony/Renly Baratheon to voice gay love option in ‘Mass Effect Andromeda’
- RVA LGBTQ Black History Month Honoree: Sean M. Smith
- VA Senator Tim Kaine speaks out against roll back of transgender student’s rights