5 reasons to dance till you die at Animal @ Strange Matter 10/25
ANIMAL is a queer DJ collective that produces events throughout RVA. We assemble dance parties, live shows, and fundraisers.
DANCE ‘TIL YOU DIE with DJs ☠ Connie ϟue // ⚰ Nightϟtalker // ☢ David Miller
FREE // 21+
@ Strange Matter
929 W Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23220
Here are 5 songs that will help you keep it creepy this Halloween.
Peaches – BURST!
Peaches goes full David Lynch in her deliriously sinister video for “BURST!”. We don’t know why she’s running, who she’s running from, or why she… well you’ll see. What we do know is that Peaches is a badass that probably sweats diamond daggers and has black glitter running through her veins.
Zebra Katz – BLK WICCAN
Zebra Katz administers his slow-burning lyrical style with surgical precision. BLK WICCAN showcases minimal vignettes of gyrating eccentrics in what feels like an oddly unsettling photo shoot. This of course is highly appropriate for an artist who has referred to himself as “the dark lord of the fashion world.”
Ladyhawke – Dusk Till Dawn
“Dusk Till Dawn” is a rock-poppy single from Ladyhawke. We’re convinced that the video is probably a highly produced metaphor for costume-construction anxiety. When in doubt about your Halloween attire, simply take a cue from Ladyhawke and remember to just be yourself.
Kap Bambino – “Dead Lazers”
Kap Bambino are a raucous electronic duo from Bordeaux, France. Their song, “Dead Lazers,” is a punchy fusion of synth-punk and electroclash that makes you want to dress up in Vantablack, straddle a motorbike, and drive aimlessly into the night.
Natalia Kills – Zombie
Natalia Kills is a Jaquelyn of all Trades from across the pond. As an actress-record producer-fashion designer-director, the 25 year old has already managed to be fairly prolific. Her song “Zombie” uses a maniacal amount of auto-tuning and a devilishly catchy refrain that is sure to resuscitate all of your undead lovers.
Join the ANIMAL crew for a little pre-halloween bash at Strange Matter! Costumes welcome. Dancing required. Witchy tracks brought to you by Richmond’s premier-queer DJ collective. All friends welcome, living or otherwise…
For David Miller and David Riley, the new DJ duo known as Deep Velvet hitting the RVA-scene, the city is serving as a make shift “Small Apple” for their native NYC vibes. And to no surprise, their music is as warm and sensual as their name sounds. Miller and Riley recently put out a new [...]September 15, 2016
- Prev New Gwen Stefani track released, first solo album in 8 years expected by year’s end
- Next October Fourth Fridays happens 10/24 at Pearl Raw Bar
- Back to top
- ‘ISIS: A Love Story’ turns the worlds most nefarious terrorist organization into a queer Romeo & Juliet
- HRC and national pediatric organizations team up for new guide on raising transgender kids
- Live performance of ‘Phantom’ at the Byrd Theatre aims to highlight the famed movie palace’s original elegance
- James Franco is starring in a movie about Virginia’s darkest gay porn secret
- After Virginia Blood Services donation controversy, RVA transman donates blood with Red Cross