5 reasons to dance till you die at Animal @ Strange Matter 10/25
ANIMAL is a queer DJ collective that produces events throughout RVA. We assemble dance parties, live shows, and fundraisers.
DANCE ‘TIL YOU DIE with DJs ☠ Connie ϟue // ⚰ Nightϟtalker // ☢ David Miller
FREE // 21+
@ Strange Matter
929 W Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23220
Here are 5 songs that will help you keep it creepy this Halloween.
Peaches – BURST!
Peaches goes full David Lynch in her deliriously sinister video for “BURST!”. We don’t know why she’s running, who she’s running from, or why she… well you’ll see. What we do know is that Peaches is a badass that probably sweats diamond daggers and has black glitter running through her veins.
Zebra Katz – BLK WICCAN
Zebra Katz administers his slow-burning lyrical style with surgical precision. BLK WICCAN showcases minimal vignettes of gyrating eccentrics in what feels like an oddly unsettling photo shoot. This of course is highly appropriate for an artist who has referred to himself as “the dark lord of the fashion world.”
Ladyhawke – Dusk Till Dawn
“Dusk Till Dawn” is a rock-poppy single from Ladyhawke. We’re convinced that the video is probably a highly produced metaphor for costume-construction anxiety. When in doubt about your Halloween attire, simply take a cue from Ladyhawke and remember to just be yourself.
Kap Bambino – “Dead Lazers”
Kap Bambino are a raucous electronic duo from Bordeaux, France. Their song, “Dead Lazers,” is a punchy fusion of synth-punk and electroclash that makes you want to dress up in Vantablack, straddle a motorbike, and drive aimlessly into the night.
Natalia Kills – Zombie
Natalia Kills is a Jaquelyn of all Trades from across the pond. As an actress-record producer-fashion designer-director, the 25 year old has already managed to be fairly prolific. Her song “Zombie” uses a maniacal amount of auto-tuning and a devilishly catchy refrain that is sure to resuscitate all of your undead lovers.
Join the ANIMAL crew for a little pre-halloween bash at Strange Matter! Costumes welcome. Dancing required. Witchy tracks brought to you by Richmond’s premier-queer DJ collective. All friends welcome, living or otherwise…
This Spring is gonna get real queer when two of the most gender-defying performers in the hip hop world take the stage at Strange Matter. Mykki Blanco and Cakes Da Killa have helped define the queer hip-hop sound and message and there set to turn ones of RVA’s dirtiest venue into a big’ol gross dance [...]December 19, 2016
- Big Freedia on Beyonce, gyrating laws & gritty small shows ahead of 10/15 Strange Matter performance, October 12, 2016
- RVA DJ duo Deep Velvet releases new mix ahead of post-VA Pride Animal performance 9/24, September 15, 2016
- Big Freedia returns to RVA this Oct. with “shaking, twerking, bouncing, wobbling, wiggling, bending over, busting open, all of that”, August 17, 2016
- Prev New Gwen Stefani track released, first solo album in 8 years expected by year’s end
- Next October Fourth Fridays happens 10/24 at Pearl Raw Bar
- Back to top
- UPDATED: Official White House website scrubbed of LGBTQ content
- Suffolk Police Department Appoints Two LGBTQ Community Liaison Officers
- Gallup poll: Record number of Americans identify as LGBTQ
- BREAKING: Bill to allow a “person” to deny services for same-sex weddings passes Virginia House subcommittee
- BREAKING: Bill to add LGBTQ protections to Virginia’s Human Rights Act killed in House subcommittee