2011 Pride Bus Route Announced
To celebrate VA PrideFest 2011, GayRVA.com partners with To The Bottom & Back to provide free transportation on Saturday, September 24.
The route is supported by local businesses to encourage a safe nightlife environment for the LGBT community and friends. Over a dozen restaurants, bars, and clubs are sponsoring this event offering Pride patrons specials throughout the night.
Here’s a taste:
Babes of Carytown
After Pride Cookout & Dance Party Until 2 a.m. $5, 21+
‘Code 54 Pride Party DJ Elbert Until 2 a.m., No cover, 21+
DJ Mixie & Sister Goldenhaze at 10:30 p.m. No cover, 21+
Capital Ale House
Pat McGee with Deep River in the Downtown Music Hall at 9 p.m., $20 advance, $25 door, 21+
Live DJ at 10 p.m. with great specials and no cover, 21+
Richmond’s hottest weekly urban nightlife party celebrates Pride in style until 3 a.m. $10, 18+
$3 rail drinks until 2 a.m. with Joe Tanning performing. 21+
The Empress Celebrates “Pride on the Patio” with Dinner, Desserts & Drinks until 12 a.m. $4 Pink Prosecco / $3 Fruity Cock-tail Shooters / 15% off Dinner Including Pride inspired dishes such as Clam Chowder / Empress Tossed Salad / Rainbow Trout / Flaming Bananas Foster / Lady Finger Sandwich Cookies. ALSO… Enjoy 10% off Sunday Brunch (10am-5pm) – Put a Little PRIDE in your Walk of Shame!!! No cover, 18+, 21 to drink.
Enjoy $5 Cherry & Strawberry Cosmo’s & $3 Bud Light Drafts until 2 a.m., 21+
It’s Raining Men Pride After Party with sexy swimwear contest starting at 10 p.m. $5 before 11 p.m. $10 after. 18+
Golden Eagle Energy Drink
Stay hyped with an steady supply of Golden Eagle Energy Drink on the Rainbow Route Bus while supplies last.
Platinum Dance Party: Pride Edition featuring the hottest from the 80s, 90s, and today until 2 a.m. No cover, 18+
Nacho Mama’s Carytown
$3 House Frozen Margaritas, Bottle Beers & Shooters until 10 p.m., No cover, 21+
“Design Your Own Bubbly Flight” for Pride Night. Pick any three of our by-the-glass sparkling wines and we’ll make a custom flight for only $12! From French Champagne to Spanish Cava, Italian Prosecco to German Sekt, we have dry, sweet & everything in between. Even more reason to celebrate! 21+
This year, in addition to tracking online at http://gayrva.com/pridebus, Pride attendees will be able to call a special hotline at 804-212-7935.
GayRVA is a proud sponsor of VA Pride's Date Auction.
Hey there folks, GayRVA Editor Brad Kutner here, We are once again partnering up with Virginia Pride for a print piece, but this time we’ve got a new project to announce, a new summer print piece to hit the streets during National Pride Month this June: GayRVAxVA Pride Pride Month Edition It’s been a rough few months. [...]February 14, 2017
- Attorney General Mark Herring on VA PrideFest: ‘If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it!’, September 20, 2016
- An ex-serviceman, U of R grad and artist on being bisexual at Pride, September 19, 2016
- Carytown Pride offers dog blessings, bubble parade, good times this Sunday, September 14, 2016
- Diversity Richmond and Black History Museum of VA teamed up for Black LGBTQ History discussion event
- Mayor Stoney signs national pledge to fight LGBTQ discrimination
- GoT’s Gethin Anthony/Renly Baratheon to voice gay love option in ‘Mass Effect Andromeda’
- RVA LGBTQ Black History Month Honoree: Sean M. Smith
- VA Senator Tim Kaine speaks out against roll back of transgender student’s rights