2011 Pride Bus Route Announced
To celebrate VA PrideFest 2011, GayRVA.com partners with To The Bottom & Back to provide free transportation on Saturday, September 24.
The route is supported by local businesses to encourage a safe nightlife environment for the LGBT community and friends. Over a dozen restaurants, bars, and clubs are sponsoring this event offering Pride patrons specials throughout the night.
Here’s a taste:
Babes of Carytown
After Pride Cookout & Dance Party Until 2 a.m. $5, 21+
‘Code 54 Pride Party DJ Elbert Until 2 a.m., No cover, 21+
DJ Mixie & Sister Goldenhaze at 10:30 p.m. No cover, 21+
Capital Ale House
Pat McGee with Deep River in the Downtown Music Hall at 9 p.m., $20 advance, $25 door, 21+
Live DJ at 10 p.m. with great specials and no cover, 21+
Richmond’s hottest weekly urban nightlife party celebrates Pride in style until 3 a.m. $10, 18+
$3 rail drinks until 2 a.m. with Joe Tanning performing. 21+
The Empress Celebrates “Pride on the Patio” with Dinner, Desserts & Drinks until 12 a.m. $4 Pink Prosecco / $3 Fruity Cock-tail Shooters / 15% off Dinner Including Pride inspired dishes such as Clam Chowder / Empress Tossed Salad / Rainbow Trout / Flaming Bananas Foster / Lady Finger Sandwich Cookies. ALSO… Enjoy 10% off Sunday Brunch (10am-5pm) – Put a Little PRIDE in your Walk of Shame!!! No cover, 18+, 21 to drink.
Enjoy $5 Cherry & Strawberry Cosmo’s & $3 Bud Light Drafts until 2 a.m., 21+
It’s Raining Men Pride After Party with sexy swimwear contest starting at 10 p.m. $5 before 11 p.m. $10 after. 18+
Golden Eagle Energy Drink
Stay hyped with an steady supply of Golden Eagle Energy Drink on the Rainbow Route Bus while supplies last.
Platinum Dance Party: Pride Edition featuring the hottest from the 80s, 90s, and today until 2 a.m. No cover, 18+
Nacho Mama’s Carytown
$3 House Frozen Margaritas, Bottle Beers & Shooters until 10 p.m., No cover, 21+
“Design Your Own Bubbly Flight” for Pride Night. Pick any three of our by-the-glass sparkling wines and we’ll make a custom flight for only $12! From French Champagne to Spanish Cava, Italian Prosecco to German Sekt, we have dry, sweet & everything in between. Even more reason to celebrate! 21+
This year, in addition to tracking online at http://gayrva.com/pridebus, Pride attendees will be able to call a special hotline at 804-212-7935.
GayRVA is a proud sponsor of VA Pride's Date Auction.
Attorney General Mark Herring on VA PrideFest: ‘If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it!’
The following letter is from Attorney General Mark Herring, which was featured in the 2016 Virginia PrideFest Pride Guide. You can read the guide in its entirety here, otherwise check out words from Herring, below: ———- If there was ever a moment for love, courage, and yes—PRIDE!—this is it! We have come so far together [...]September 20, 2016
- An ex-serviceman, U of R grad and artist on being bisexual at Pride, September 19, 2016
- Carytown Pride offers dog blessings, bubble parade, good times this Sunday, September 14, 2016
- Babe’s of Carytown to host Celebrity Drag event to benefit VA Pride, September 13, 2016
- Diversity Richmond President honored along with mayor elect Stoney at TD event
- Split comedy EP recording is last stop before local comic undergoes bottom surgery
- Orlando City Soccer Club dedicates stadium seating section to Pulse nightclub victims
- ‘After Orlando’ unites theatre companies around the country (and here in RVA) to honor lives lost in the nation’s largest mass shooting
- FKA Twigs hosted a free dance class in Baltimore and made a documentary of it