GayRVA.com is Richmond, Virginia’s go-to source for news, entertainment, and information about the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) community. Created in March 2009, our mission is to move Richmond forward by reflecting the city’s diversity, bringing a voice to the table, and creating opportunities within the region to connect.
GayRVA is locally owned by Inkwell, LLC. An Advisory Board including community members and business professionals assist in the guidance of GayRVA. It is the only publication in Central Virginia dedicated to the LGBT audience.
Updated daily with help from a dedicated team of contributors, we are Richmond’s LGBT voice. If you are interested in writing or photography for GayRVA, fill out a simple form by clicking here.
GayRVA is also dedicated to giving back to the LGBT and Richmond community through supporting events and volunteer projects throughout the year including Equality Virginia’s Commonwealth Dinner, Fun For A Cause, and Virginia PrideFest.
Out.Spoken. Richmonder Of The Year
GayRVA presents this award to one individual or group making a newsworthy impact to move Richmond forward. Since our first award in June 2010, the recipient is in line with GayRVA’s core values of being inclusive and supportive not only of the LGBT community, but Richmond as a whole.
In line with our mission to create opportunities to connect, we host events with partner agencies and businesses throughout the year. Because of the high demand for our services, we work exclusively with advertisers to bring these events to fruition. For more information on sponsorship and advertising, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press for GayRVA
- 09.21.2011 Style Weekly – Cover Story: Those Two Little Words
- 06.14.2011 WTVR CBS6 – Kevin Clay on Richmond Rainbow Flag
- 10.13.2010 Style Weekly – Top 40 Under 40, Kevin Clay
- 10.1.2010 WRIR – PrideFest Organizers Said Downtown Move Drew Larger Crowd (audio)
- 9.13.2010 Richmond.com – Video: Richmond Business Alliance Launch Party
- 8.25.2010 Richmond Magazine – Easier To Love Than You Might Think
- 7.30.2010 Richmond Times-Dispatch – Website directory to promote LGBT-friendly businesses
- 5.4.2010 Buttermilk & Molasses - GayRVA Comes Out Of The Closet…Again
- 4.15.2010 Richmond Times-Dispatch - Transforming a blog into a full-time job
- 4.7.2009 Buttermilk & Molasses – Richmond’s Media Finally Gets Outed
- In Free Jumbalaya’s outstanding “Sadie’s Last Painting,” art triumphs over the undead
- Trans Virginia student can use the boys restroom after district court grants injunction
- One year after Obergefell, Texas clerk still won’t say if she’ll issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Governor McAuliffe honors June 2016 as LGBT Pride Month
- Fan Free Clinic rebrands to “Health Brigade”